Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Research Ideas

• 08-09-2010 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

I'm going to be starting a Masters this year and I'm looking for some topics to look into so I can work out a topics to do the research on for the year.

Currently I wouldn't mind doing something in the area of Digital Forensics, or Cloud Computing but those ideas are still too high level and I need over time to work out my area of research, but I want to keep my options open.

Anybody else have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

satory wrote: »
    Anybody else have any suggestions?

How about don't waste taxpayer's money with another useless Masters degree?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

bhickey wrote: »
    How about don't waste taxpayer's money with another useless Masters degree?

Banned. Learn to play nice with others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Not the best forum to ask in tbh as your question has more to do with education than technology, I'd assume from your questions that you are more interested in a research masters than a taught one, in which case you need a supervisor. I'd try to talk to somebody in your department who is in the areas you are interested in about positions in their field and funding.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

See I stuck it in this forum as my question is more technology than education... and since this is the Computer and Technology section I though this would probably be the best place to stick the thread to get a wide range of views/ideas.

Oh and I phrased the OP wrong...

I've already done the taught part of the course I just have the research half to do this year, so I already know the areas of interest from the possible supervisors but I also know I wont be fully entertained until I narrow down my search into either my current ideas or a new one as its all about independent learning.

And yes, I can see the problem with "independent learning" and asking others for "help", the purpose of this thread is just for computing topics present and future ones that may or may not be interesting to keep my options open.

Advertisement