Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 14/16 Question

Options
  • 08-09-2010 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Right,

Marriage in 6 months, i need to get my Confirmation proof from the church it was in but i cant for the life of me remember where it was.

it would have been 1994, and i was in Scoil Naithi in Ballinteer.

yes ive rang them (the school), they couldnt be arsed to help me and told me they just dont know!

Anyone with info would be great!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm not much help I know but surely the likely hood of the school changing parish or churches since 1994 are remote and so should be the same now, unless of course it's one of the few schools not run by the church, even so :confused:

At least they should be able to tell you were it was last year then go ask that church?

There is only one church I can think of in that area anyway and I don;t know it's name :(

Edit actually 2 , one up near superquinn on Ballinteer Ave. the other rover on Ballinteer Rd. has to be one or the other else your are in dundrum or somewhere then which would not make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

calex71 wrote: »
    Edit actually 2 , one up near superquinn on Ballinteer Ave. the other rover on Ballinteer Rd. has to be one or the other else your are in dundrum or somewhere then which would not make sense.
    St John the Evangalist is the one near Superquinn. Meadowbrook church is beside St Attracta's and the new pool.

Isn't there anyone in your family that you can ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭srfc d16

I went to Scoil Naithi and did my confirmation in 1997.
    We did it in St. Micheals in Inchicore because it was mixed with two other gaolscoileanna.
    Do you remember if it was just Scoil Naithi or was it mixed. If it was mixed there is a good chance it wasnt done in Ballinteer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Perhaps you could post up on image of it inside the church if you have a photo and someone here might recognise the interior. Do your parents not know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

You need to prove you were "confirmed" to get married? Sad...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

You need to prove you were "confirmed" to get married? Sad...

Its not really. To have a marriage in a Catholic Church you need proof of confirmation as it is a prerequisite. This doesn't exclude a person from civil marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

thanks to all for the info provided.

Found out everything.

This is useful information for those who attended Scoil Naithi in 1994.

They misplaced the records, between the school and the church (st Johns in ballinteer)

For those who need the records, the school have let the church know this and will contact them with the information.

thanks all again

Advertisement