Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not as Described...

Options
  • 08-09-2010 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

quick question,

i bought an Av sender/reciever from tesco about 3/2 months ago but only opened it this week. so it its clearly out of the 30 day return polocy. the problem i have with it is that on the box it clearly shoes that it has an RCA connection but when i opened it there was only a scart connection which is no good to me.

i still have the reciept and everything....

so basically what i'm asking is... shoul i be entitled to a refund because what is shows on the box is clearly not whats in the box

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,198 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is there not an adapter for the scart to rca, very strange the box would clearly say it and then it's not in the box.
    You could try tesco the might change it or try the manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

What make/model is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i'd check the box again for a small black coloured(usually) scart to rca adaptor and if not there then yes the goods are not as described so get back to tescos and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

Is there not an adapter for the scart to rca,

no its got a sealed connection straight from the unit to a scart plug. no other connection in the box...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

DYLF wrote: »
    no its got a sealed connection straight from the unit to a scart plug. no other connection in the box...

Their 30 day guarantee is for change of mind only and doesn't affect your statutory rights. The product is not as described. You are well within your rights to bring it back.

Obviously repair is not an option as it's not broken. Tesco can replace it with a similar product or refund you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement