Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorway opening??

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

dayshah wrote: »
    You are entitled to your opinion, so how about lobby politicians for an increase in the speed limit. Between then and now how about keeping to the laws that have been agreed upon. That, or buy a helicopter.

And im sure that you and everybody else keeps within the laws that have been agreed upon.

I dont need a helicopter,im quite happy with the car i have.
    jimbojazz wrote: »
    How fast can a tractor go?

It's not really clear cut then as to whether they can or not but I'd be fairly sure the one that I saw was not going more than 50km/h.

I dont know but id say they can go over the 50 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

My opinion is that 200kph is not as dangerous as a smelly kilkenny farmer in his Massey doing 50kph at knocktopher

(200kph is too fast though!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Anyone who frequents the motors forum would be used to such discussions!!!

Its rather stupid admitting to breaking the speed limit so openly but to be honest it sounds like a bit of trolling

Oh any 120kph is 75mph not 70mph!!!

And 200kph may be ok in your opinion and my opinion (in some circumstances) also but sadly we cant change the law... 200kph would be lethal for many people!!!

Look i wasn't doing 200 all the way maybe a few times is all,i kept within the speed limit for about 95% of the journey,and i dont think it is stupid to openly admit it,also "trolling" i think not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Is there anywhere to stable some extremely high horses?

There seems to be a few in these parts and they are aparently very dangerous when left loose on a motorway thread causing RSI and bruising from multiple facepalms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

To be honest i dont usually drive that fast,but i had it on cruise control at 150 most of the way,and its hard not to speed when there is an open road in front..

Hmmm you may not be trolling but you are clearly lying... In the above post you say cruise control at 150kph most of the way but in your last post you spent 95% of the time within the speed limit. I for one am confused!!!

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Doesn't take much to confuse you does it,well it does look like i was clearly lying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Doesn't take much to confuse you does it,well it does look like i was clearly lying.

It does I'm afraid but it happens to us all.

It is so handy though for any early morning flights from the airport or shopping days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

the fastest i think was around the 190-200
    After being stopped on Waterford-Kilkenny stretch of M9 for doing 150kmh three weeks ago earning 3 points:eek: and €80 fine:( I wouldn't be so keen now to show off the way you did.

You were lucky that time. Not that you'll always be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    The road didn't open until 3PM much to my dismay, but got to take it all in on the way back from Carlow. Around 35/40 minutes from the Carlow exit to the end of the M9 in Waterford.

They should advertise in Carlow to come to Waterford for a day out. They are far from the sea, so could get some extra visitors for Trá Mhór, or maybe for a night out (with designated drivers).

• Advertisement

beazee wrote: »
    After being stopped on Waterford-Kilkenny stretch of M9 for doing 150kmh three weeks ago earning 3 points:eek: and €80 fine:( I wouldn't be so keen now to show off the way you did.

You were lucky that time. Not that you'll always be.

Point taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Up and down it a couple of times since last week, it's an absolute God send !

I would be careful of edging over the speedlimit as I met two speed checks between Waterford and Carlow this evening !

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

M9 is pretty well covered by the Gardai from what I've seen, they mix which speed check ramps they use and I've seen them on them at 7am and at 8pm at night as well as during the day so they cover the road at all times.

I've also seen about 5-6 people being pulled by various unmarked Gardai cars, I say various because it certainly wasn't the same make/model each time.

So speed if you want but with luck you'll be caught and then don't come crying on boards :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

I'll be honest, i drive approx 1500k a week all over the country and i can say that there is much more speed checks on the m9 than anywhere else.
    There are being clever by hiding behind bridges and at the bottom of ramps. I hope they catch mr cranium with his 190kph, driving ban ahoy and people do prison time for those speeds with the right judge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

200motels wrote: »
    It's good that the new road is open and I'll never have to see those awful villages in Kilkenny again.
    or kilkenny itself!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

The slowest i done was 120 and the fastest i think was around the 190-200,i didn't time it coming back but i think it was done in about an hour..

Dunno if it was said already but if you get caught driving at 190-200 you will be arrested, so slow down bud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

The speed limit is actually 70mph,so its 50mph over the speed limit not 35mph butty.

its 75miles which is 120km .. its only 70miles in the 6 counties

angry_fox wrote: »
    Dunno if it was said already but if you get caught driving at 190-200 you will be arrested, so slow down bud

Yes its been said already,and thanks for the advice,i will be rethinking my actions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

The speed limit is actually 70mph,so its 50mph over the speed limit not 35mph butty.

Glad that you are proud of it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

marlin vs wrote: »
    Just back and on the satnav it took 1H 29m to get there and 1h 35m to get back.

Mine was 1HR 30 mins from the new bridge - Blanchardstown
    1HR 40 mins Ikea - the new bridge :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Did city centre to Longmile Road in Dublin this evening in 1 hour and 20 and that was keeping the limit the whole way :eek:

Brilliant road! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Just wondering approaching from the waterford side is it easy to get to the red cow park and ride,what signs to follow turn off at roundabout etc??
    Anybody who have done this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

decies wrote: »
    Just wondering approaching from the waterford side is it easy to get to the red cow park and ride,what signs to follow turn off at roundabout etc??
    Anybody who have done this ?

Newlands Cross, stay in the left lane. Go through the traffic lights and keep left. Then there's a turn off left for the Luas, go up the ramp, turn left and first left at roundabout.

Advertisement