Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Rating after missing payments?

Options
  • 08-09-2010 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    It's my first post but I've heard great things about the advise given in here. I was wondering if anyone know how BOI were with regards to credit ratings. Last year I missed 3 payments on a 5 year loan and missed another in Aug. They sent a letter saying they wanted all of the arrears in full and that they were closing my current account. I've talked to them and plan to have the loan paid off by Xmas - 2 years early, is my credit rating still screwed though?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Hi,
    It's my first post but I've heard great things about the advise given in here. I was wondering if anyone know how BOI were with regards to credit ratings. Last year I missed 3 payments on a 5 year loan and missed another in Aug. They sent a letter saying they wanted all of the arrears in full and that they were closing my current account. I've talked to them and plan to have the loan paid off by Xmas - 2 years early, is my credit rating still screwed though?

your missed payments would have an adverse affect on your credit rating. Any payment gone over 30 days overdue is listed on ICB unfortunately. When paid in full the loan will be marked as cleared on the ICB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Hi,
    Yes I got loan out 2 and half years ago with BOI (Personal loan ).
    I missed first few payments as got mixed up with account numbers which direct debit was coming out off.
    How ever since then I have never missed a payment but yet they refused me top loan on my loan,
    I mean loan was only for 6k over 3yrs and I have 2 and a half years done ,
    I want a loan does anybody know any place that is giving out a loan apart from CU and bank ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tropicalblue

thanks guys - I kind of suspected as much but was hoping things were more relaxed cos of how fecked the whole financial thing it right now.
    As far as getting a loan outside of a bank/CU - I'm not too sure, I know the banks are bad enough right now but I would be worried about getting money from any independent 'brokers', it just seems dodgy. Could you get a guarantor to top up your current loan?

Advertisement