Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ticket Prices in the Aviva

• 08-09-2010 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

What do you think would be an acceptable price to pay to see a match in the new Landsdowne? Im talking big matches, lower tier.. not upper tier and An-bleedin-dora.

Personally, as one of the many un-employed, I wouldnt want to be paying any more than €25.. meaning I wont be seeing an Ireland match for a looooong time. Vote away, lads.

What do you think would be a fair price for a ticket? 171 votes

< €20
    0%
    €20 - €30
    6%
    Neil3030CiaranCsuper_furryd22ontourmikemacMRPRO03MementoMoriNehaxakironbluedunNamabillionCypher_sounds 11 votes
    €30 - €50
    41%
    PHBPiETuskypickarooneyXcom2parasiteAPMsprinklesyom 1PWEIRonan Raver77MaceFacentlbell[Deleted User]gernoniregkchristebJuleztolosencMonkeyTennis 71 votes
    > €50
    52%
    RasTadardozCrashcournioniPaulwMr_Roger_BongosEKRIUQjesus_thats_greThird_EchelonKingp35ErinGoBrathkeano_afcapplehunterChardee MacDennisdeisedevil~Rebel~raddohomerjay2005ciaran76JPA 89 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

€30 - €50
    Cheap Seats :

€25 (kids & adults )

Mid Range :
    €40 adults
    €30 kids

Top dollar:
    €70 max

But we are dealing with the FAI :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

> €50
    It ten euro though atm for a child!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

> €50
    They should have a facility where when they know that a game is going to be half empty 2 days before, u12's get in for nothing accompanied by an adult etc etc. I dont know alot about the fai, literally nothing would surprise me with them.

2 adults plus 2 kids should be cheap for games like last night. Not over 60 euro imo for the likes of andorra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

€30 - €50
    I'd say "Bundesliga prices" except that'd be an insult to the football in the Bundesliga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Just looking there and England tickets for Montenegro are £50 plus booking fee which would be about €70 I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

> €50
    Just looking there and England tickets for Montenegro are £50 plus booking fee which would be about €70 I'd say.

€60.82 + booking fee. More than I'd be willing to pay, but England are a better side who consistently qualify for International tournaments, whereas Ireland...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

> €50
    L'prof wrote: »
    €60.82 + booking fee. More than I'd be willing to pay, but England are a better side who consistently qualify for International tournaments, whereas Ireland...

well pi55 off and watch them then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

yep

ours and Englands prices are gonna be huge for years to come while they pay for the new stadiums

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,835 ✭✭✭Trampas

prices should depend on opposition.

it is better to have a full stadium and charge €20 than have half full with €40 as full house will spend more overall that the half full with programmes and drinks/food but sometimes things like this is overlooked

> €50
    well pi55 off and watch them then

No, I won't. I'm just saying that they are more value to watch than Ireland. Do you disagree with that? Why not say that then rather than your ridiculous and childish retort!

• Advertisement

L'prof wrote: »

Now I don't want to turn this into a barstooler/LoI debate but I'd hazard a guess the reason you support Arsenal is because they're better than LoI teams, now with the logic why not just go and support England? €60 a ticket and probably be able to get 1c Ryanair flights, would work out around €70 or so.

> €50
    Now I don't want to turn this into a barstooler/LoI debate

Oh really? Then why go any further?
    I'd hazard a guess the reason you support Arsenal is because they're better than LoI teams

You'd be wrong.
    with the logic why not just go and support England?

Why on earth would I want to do that?

Pathetic post to be honest and you wonder why LOI fans and Premiership fans seldom get along on here!

> €50
    Now I don't want to turn this into a barstooler/LoI debate but

That's akin to, "I'm not racist but......."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

€60 a ticket and probably be able to get 1c Ryanair flights, would work out around €70 or so.

You obviously know how to get from Stansted or Gatwick to Wembley for free so. Walk is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

> €50
    I voted for 30-50 euro but i would only be willing to pay 35 tops.

I was thinking of going to the Andorra game until i seen it was 50 euro plus 4.95 booking fee.That was the cheapest seat i could find. IMO i think that is a ridiculous price.

I dont think i will be going to see Ireland for a while until the prices come down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

€30 - €50
    lets not get too far off topic guys. I think 20-30 is a reasonable price. If you want to get the box seats and all the razmatazz ..sure 70 quids.

I have NO problem upping the price for 'bigger' games. Last night was a joke. Whoever is in charge needs their heads examined

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

> €50
    smoochie06 wrote: »
    I voted for 30-50 euro but i would only be willing to pay 35 tops.

I was thinking of going to the Andorra game until i seen it was 50 euro plus 4.95 booking fee.That was the cheapest seat i could find. IMO i think that is a ridiculous price.

I dont think i will be going to see Ireland for a while until the prices come down.

Get the season ticket then ,

310 for 8 games and no booking fees (which is what I paid ) and I got dam good seats on the half way line beside the media box in the west upper .

Its now €270 for 7 games which is 38.57 a game all in.

http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=86&Itemid=135

> €50

310 for 8 games and no booking fees (which is what I paid ) and I got dam good seats on the half way line beside the media box in the west upper .

http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=86&Itemid=135

I'd be happy enough with those prices. Just a pity I'm in Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

> €50
    30-50 euro is more than reasonable. I regularly happily pay 35-45 euro for stand tickets to intercounty GAA matches towards the latter stages of the championship. So 50 euro for international football in the luxury of a spectacular, brand new stadium is more than fair IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

> €50

Sounds good but i would not be able to fork out €270 in one go. Ideally like to pick a few games to go to. Can other people use the season ticket ie. get a few to bunch together and use it alternately?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

I feel people who support the League of Ireland clubs and are season ticket holders for their respected club should have priorty access to all international games, no matter who the opposition is. And barstoolers and EPL supporters are allocated whats left. The fans who support the league in this country are paying for the likes of the Aviva and grass root football in this country. Its a valid argument as i never understood the supporter who supports the English leagues but not their own, yes there is a quality difference and some grounds aren't great, but the FAI should give something back to the supporters who are loyal to the League of Ireland. Personally 40euro for an adult and 10 for a child is about right. All seats same price, first come first served.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

> €50
    €45 Euro's for a ticket would be fair. Maybe student for €30 too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

30'euro for upper tier. 50 quid lower tier. That'd sell out the stadium.

You obviously know how to get from Stansted or Gatwick to Wembley for free so. Walk is it?

Never been to Wembley or for that matter London! That's like saying Is it possible to walk from Wicklow to Lansdowne though isn't it? As I doubt all the people that go to Lansdowne are Dubs!?
    I feel people who support the League of Ireland clubs and are season ticket holders for their respected club should have priorty access to all international games, no matter who the opposition is. And barstoolers and EPL supporters are allocated whats left. The fans who support the league in this country are paying for the likes of the Aviva and grass root football in this country. Its a valid argument as i never understood the supporter who supports the English leagues but not their own, yes there is a quality difference and some grounds aren't great, but the FAI should give something back to the supporters who are loyal to the League of Ireland. Personally 40euro for an adult and 10 for a child is about right. All seats same price, first come first served.

Well I know a large amount of LoI fans don't attend Ireland matches for certain reasons, but I'd hazard a guess there's a lot less than 50,000 season tickets of LoI teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

> €50

That's all good and all but what about when your nearest club was 25+ miles away. Not everybody has access to a LoI club.

So you expect me to travel to every match to a club I have nothing to do with, know nothing about the club, know no other fan, know nothing about the area and you want me to give out more money on travel, tickets etc. just to get a priority seat in the Aviva? Get the f....

This "barstoolers" debate is boring. Get off your high horse. Some of you lads really need to come back to reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

> €50
    I live in Cavan - what LOI club should I support??? :rolleyes: Maybe that's why I follow the Premier League - could also be something to do with the better quality of players too...

But when it comes to international football everyone is going to follow there home country naturally - you don't get to choose your nationality like you get to choose what club you follow...

I'd be happy to pay 50-60 euro to watch Ireland vs France say in a big qualification match - but to watch a kick around like Ireland vs Andorra 35 is sounding expensive... for a game that's going to be as one sided a game as you'll ever see in the Aviva... 50 euro is ridiculously expensive

The Armenia and Macedonia games 40 might be fair because there could be a contest and I'd accept the higher prices naturally for the Russia and Slovenian games but for Andorra... like in all fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭raddo

> €50

I'd love to get this but with the bright sparks in UEFA changing the games to Tuesday and Friday nights, it's not viable travelling from Cork.
    Would have to take at least a half day from work to travel up, so would have to include that loss in cost too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,447 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

raddo wrote: »
    I'd love to get this but with the bright sparks in UEFA changing the games to Tuesday and Friday nights, it's not viable travelling from Cork.
    Would have to take at least a half day from work to travel up, so would have to include that loss in cost too.

Playing on Tuesday gets players back to their clubs a day earlier, as a result the first game has to be on a Friday rather than Saturday

It's a right pain all right having to travel on Friday for an evening game instead of a Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

€30 - €50
    The price that it takes to get all the seats filled is my favorite price :) With our current success, I'd say about 30 per game. What bugs me most is that I'm still on the ****ing waiting list for block booking, as its all been allocated. A bunch of empty seats and they won't let me get the security of having a ticket for every game!

• Advertisement

€30 - €50
    Im Dublin based and its a fooking disgrace having to pay €50 , if I was Cork , Limerick or wherever outside Dublin I would probably never go to a Ireland game because of the additional travel cost .

The stadium wasn't filled because of the ticket price . full stop

If the FAIil are setting ticket prices on the size of game , then what the hell will the ticket price be when the likes of Russia play , if its €50 when we play teachers, Argos workers & postmen (Andorra) :eek:

Get real Mr Delaney !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,995 ✭✭✭billyhead

Does anyone else feel that 270 euro for 7 matches when most of them are menaingless friendlys represents good value. Also the seats might be right up the top of the stand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

> €50
    mixednuts wrote: »
    Im Dublin based and its a fooking disgrace having to pay €50 , if I was Cork , Limerick or wherever outside Dublin I would probably never go to a Ireland game because of the additional travel cost .

If the FAIil are setting ticket prices on the size of game , then what the hell will the ticket price be when the likes of Russia play , if its €50 when we play teachers, Argos workers & postmen (Andorra) :eek:

Get real Mr Delaney !

i have no problem paying €50, ive paid €350 for my season ticket and i didnt think twice about doing it. I want to support the team and thats it.

just a few facts for you, perhaps you never go to games so i will fill you in on somethings.

ticket prices are the same for all games, they will be the same for Russia as they will be for Andorra. Tickets are slightly less expensive for the friendlies, i think its about €40 for the cheaper ones and €55 for the expensive ones.

ticket prices are not that more expensive than they were in the old lansdowne. i can remember paying €55 for a friendly ticket, standing i may add, against italy in 2005. croke park was also the same price.

rugby are charging up to €120 for the same seats, for winter friendlies and forcing people to buy as packages. you can argue about quality of opposition, but if we had the top 2 teams in the world playing in a friendly here in football, i.e. spain and lets say netherlands, the price of the tickets would be about 60% of those equivilents for SA or NZ in the Rugby.

to say people are not going only because of price, is highly ingorent, people are just too damn lazy to go to games and thats it. you could give away free tickets, and some people would barely bother to go. price is a factor of course, but its not the soul reason why there were 9,000 empty seats the last night. 85% of the general admission tickets were sold out and Andorra brought 0 fans. 11,000 of the seats, over 20% are corporate and about 5,500 of these are unsold. do the maths.......

our international following is about 45,000 and thats a maximum. we had some big games in croker, but the average attendance was about 60,000, with some games barely hitting 50,000. we also had bigger games such as france, italy, poland(about 20,000 poles at that game), brazil, germany. add in the wow factor of the first game v wales (sold as a double package with solvakia), you can see why the average attendance was higher than normal. the old lansdowne, had a restriction on bucket seating and the capacity was 33,000. that was even in the days of world cup qualifications galore.

we need a dose or realism and stop looking for excuses as to why people dont go. its about much about being lazy or couldnt be ar8sed, as it is money.

€30 - €50
    i have no problem paying €50, ive paid €350 for my season ticket and i didnt think twice about doing it. I want to support the team and thats it.

just a few facts for you, perhaps you never go to games so i will fill you in on somethings.

ticket prices are the same for all games, they will be the same for Russia as they will be for Andorra. Tickets are slightly less expensive for the friendlies, i think its about €40 for the cheaper ones and €55 for the expensive ones.

ticket prices are not that more expensive than they were in the old lansdowne. i can remember paying €55 for a friendly ticket, standing i may add, against italy in 2005. croke park was also the same price.

rugby are charging up to €120 for the same seats, for winter friendlies and forcing people to buy as packages. you can argue about quality of opposition, but if we had the top 2 teams in the world playing in a friendly here in football, i.e. spain and lets say netherlands, the price of the tickets would be about 60% of those equivilents for SA or NZ in the Rugby.

to say people are not going only because of price, is highly ingorent, people are just too damn lazy to go to games and thats it. you could give away free tickets, and some people would barely bother to go. price is a factor of course, but its not the soul reason why there were 9,000 empty seats the last night. 85% of the general admission tickets were sold out and Andorra brought 0 fans. 11,000 of the seats, over 20% are corporate and about 5,500 of these are unsold. do the maths.......

our international following is about 45,000 and thats a maximum. we had some big games in croker, but the average attendance was about 60,000, with some games barely hitting 50,000. we also had bigger games such as france, italy, poland(about 20,000 poles at that game), brazil, germany. add in the wow factor of the first game v wales (sold as a double package with solvakia), you can see why the average attendance was higher than normal. the old lansdowne, had a restriction on bucket seating and the capacity was 33,000. that was even in the days of world cup qualifications galore.

we need a dose or realism and stop looking for excuses as to why people dont go. its about much about being lazy or couldnt be ar8sed, as it is money.

I beg to differ .

Yes people not been arsed is a factor , but IMO the main reason is cost .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

€30 - €50
    I beg to differ .

Yes people not been arsed is a factor , but IMO the main reason is cost .

Agree, I know for a fact that if the prices were reasonable Ireland would have four more seats filled with Me My Dad and two Brothers. That's just one family. Most of my friends would agree with me on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Agree, I know for a fact that if the prices were reasonable Ireland would have four more seats filled with Me My Dad and two Brothers. That's just one family. Most of my friends would agree with me on this.

Me and at least one more too, the ticket price was more than enough to put me off, whatever about paying it when we play Russia but not Andorra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Rugby prices are:
    €100 for New Zealand and South Africa games
    €90 for Argentina
    €50 for Samoa
    (premium tickets are more expensive of course).

The rugby matches are technically Test Matches rather than friendlies, and they are a lot more meaningful than a soccer friendly (the ones against NZ and SAF anyway)

Still the rugby prices are very expensive and the IRFU has come in for a lot of criticism, so it'll be interesting to see how the tickets sell.

Rugby prices are:
    €100 for New Zealand and South Africa games
    €90 for Argentina
    €50 for Samoa
    (premium tickets are more expensive of course).

The rugby matches are technically Test Matches rather than friendlies, and they are a lot more meaningful than a soccer friendly.

Still the rugby prices are very expensive and the IRFU has come in for a lot of criticism, so it'll be interesting to see how the tickets sell.

Why ?

There is still nothing at stake

they are friendlies and nothing more.

And don't give me this 'there are no such thing as friendlies in rugby' s**t

€30 - €50
    I think the whole Aviva project has been a disaster and now we're seeing the results. Unlike most other major european or american cities the IRFU/FAI built the thing knowing that the 2x international teams were the only real game in town and figured they could charge whatever they liked because people in this country HAD money, love a sporting occasion and have nothing else to choose from. However it seems you can only push a monopoly so far.

You can just look at the stadium and see the size of the corporate section relative to the rest of the stadium to know that the numbers just don't add up. Is there a 50k stadium anywhere else in the world with approx 25% corporate and premium seats? :confused: They got the numbers wrong and they timed it wrong and that is why you're seeing empty seats all over the place. 50k would go to Andorra if it was priced correctly (especially considering the teams achievements in the previous qualifiers and considering there's still the "hope" factor of being involved in the group).

It's just ridiculous to building a €400m+ stadium that gets used only about 10 times per year (if even that!) and that can't even be filled 100% of the time. This stadium should never have been built without some sort of feasible plan for it's usage. It is the final folly of the Celtic Tiger.

Why ?

There is still nothing at stake

they are friendlies and nothing more.

And don't give me this 'there are no such thing as friendlies in rugby' s**t

Its just the way it is!

Rugby "friendlies" are far more competitive and there is more riding on the win. Test matches mean something in history. Beating Spain etc in a soccer friendly means relatively little.

Look at cricket. England are playing test matches against Pakistan, West Indies, etc etc. You could argue they all mean nothing, but like rugby its very important to win them, and it means something even if there's no medal or trophy etc.

I've been to many many soccer and rugby friendlies and there is no comparison in atmosphere, because the latter means something. Beating Brazil 1-0 when Brady scored and the England match (before it all went pear-shaped) are the only 2 soccer friendlies I've been at that compared to rugby tests against NZ, Aus and SA.

€30 - €50
    Its just the way it is!

Rugby "friendlies" are far more competitive and there is more riding on the win. Test matches mean something in history. Beating Spain etc in a soccer friendly means relatively little.

I've been to many many soccer and rugby friendlies and there is no comparison in atmosphere, because the latter means something. Beating Brazil 1-0 when Brady scored and the England match (before it all went pear-shaped) are the only 2 soccer friendlies I've been at that compared to rugby tests against NZ, Aus and SA.

That's the point tho. A soccer friendly against Brazil or England means something because of the opposition, not the occasion.

By comparison are Ireland rugby putting out their best XV and busting a gut to beat the likes of Samoa when the time comes? Is the rugby public dying to see this fixture? Rugby tests are no different or better to soccer friendlies. It's just that in rugby Ireland get to play the big teams in the more often in them.

• Advertisement

bonerm wrote: »
    That's the point tho. A soccer friendly against Brazil or England means something because of the opposition, not the occasion.

By comparison are Ireland rugby putting out their best XV and busting a gut to beat the likes of Samoa when the time comes? Is the rugby public dying to see this fixture? Rugby tests are no different or better to soccer friendlies. It's just that in rugby Ireland get to play the big teams in the more often in them.

Well compare the Argentina soccer friendly to the upcoming NZ and SA rugby matches. I think you might notice a difference in committment and will-to-win, and therefore, atmosphere.

€30 - €50
    I have seen threads morph and go "off thread" but this takes the biscuit .

A Ticket price thread turning into a Soccer 'v' Rugby Friendly game ( level of commitment) thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

> €50
    Essien wrote: »
    Me and at least one more too, the ticket price was more than enough to put me off, whatever about paying it when we play Russia but not Andorra

so what would you pay? what is "enough"?

you have just contradicted yourself there and prooved my point. you would pay it for one game, but not for others. it doesnt matter who we are playing, you should support your team, weve seen before ireland get good results and then blow it against the so called weaker teams, Cyprus (2 times), Macedonia (2), Liechtenstein, Israel (2)Georgia, Montenegro (2) have all cost us points in the past and indeed qualifications.

my season ticket at united is the same amount all season, it doesnt matter if we are playing liverpool or lincoln in some carling cup game, its the same price and i would still go to both games.

Get real Mr Delaney !

And I'll go back to using England as an example, €60 for a home ticket and there would be a lot more expensives and time for people getting to Wembley outside of London. Not to mention I'd say the majority of them would be members, season ticket holders or regular attendees at club level in England too.

I think the Irish football mentality is wrong, event junkies would be the word to describe the majority, unless it's a big team or big match in Lansdowne I doubt it will ever sell out.

€30 - €50
    And I'll go back to using England as an example, €60 for a home ticket and there would be a lot more expensives and time for people getting to Wembley outside of London. Not to mention I'd say the majority of them would be members, season ticket holders or regular attendees at club level in England too.

I think the Irish football mentality is wrong, event junkies would be the word to describe the majority, unless it's a big team or big match in Lansdowne I doubt it will ever sell out.

Gavin ,
    Lets not forget the legacy and years put into the English league and the fact that it is their national sport .There is also 50 million people in England

In Ireland we probably have around 1.5 million match going age , of which you need to take out reasonable size chunk for the GAA purist supporter who has no interest in soccer.

Yes there are big game supporters & "every game" supporters , but the FAI is failing to see or get the kids "bums on seats " ....they are the future supporters .

Its not the Irish football mentality thats wrong , its the FAI .

In a time of economic crisis , people short of work/money , they fail to see the fact that people wont pay that sort of money to see Andorra .
    I know that sounds like i have done full circle and if you support Ireland you support no matter who you are playing , but its fact ...the FAI need to structure their ticket pricing sanely .
    The block booking of tickets does ensure that you get a good game with a mediocre game etc , but the FAI are in trouble (IMO) after the Russia game.
    The "new stadium" novelty would have worn off by then , the block bookers wont re-book . Thats when the ticket price will be the only card to play by the FAI , which in my mind is a very reactive response .
    They should have been attracting more "every game" supporters with a better entry level ticket price .

M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

€30 - €50
    Gavin ,
    Lets not forget the legacy and years put into the English league and the fact that it is their national sport .There is also 50 million people in England

In Ireland we probably have around 1.5 million match going age , of which you need to take out reasonable size chunk for the GAA purist supporter who has no interest in soccer.

Yes there are big game supporters & "every game" supporters , but the FAI is failing to see or get the kids "bums on seats " ....they are the future supporters .

In a time of economic crisis , people short of work/money , they fail to see the fact that people wont pay that sort of money to see Andorra .
    I know that sounds like i have done full circle and if you support Ireland you support no matter who you are playing , but its fact ...the FAI need to structure their ticket pricing sanely .
    The block booking of tickets does ensure that you get a good game with a mediocre game etc , but the FAI are in trouble (IMO) after the Russia game.
    The "new stadium" novelty would have worn off by then , the block bookers wont re-book . Thats when the ticket price will be the only card to play by the FAI , which in my mind is a very reactive response .
    They should have been attracting more "every game" supporters with a better entry level ticket price .

M.

I agree and made this same point aboiut block bookers on another thread.....I also believe they need to do Family tickets to future proof the next generation of supporter

Gavin ,

M.

My wife and I and a friend were block bookers for a number of years, taking 3 tickets for each game.
    With the opening of the Aviva we dropped down to 2 ticket between the 3 of us, as we live a good distance from Dublin plus we no longer have the disposable income to go to all games.

However we have now decided to give up the block booking after the Russia game beacuse frankly why should we pay for tickets for games we are not going to get to, or which we cannot sell on.

If we want to go to individual games we will get them on the night, and we will not necessarily try to get to the big games over the small one, we will try to get to the games that suit best.

And I'd say that there are many many more like us out there and that is the plain reality of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

I agree and made this same point aboiut block bookers on another thread.....I also believe they need to do Family tickets to future proof the next generation of supporter

John Delaney doesn't give a Fvck about the next generation - he will be gone and only cares about lining his own pockets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

> €50

ohhhhh rugby has a higher price ohh ohh lets over charge the soccer fans too... Last time I checked Ireland's rugby team is one of the better teams in the world too compared to our soccer world beaters...

tbh I'd rather spend 120 for the best seats in the house to watch Ireland Vs NZ in rubgy than the pay 50 euro to watch Ireland vs Andorra... and do you wanna tell me the price of the highest price tickets for that soccer game to have a fair comparison

But I'm sure if Ireland are playing Russia or Georgia or someone in a rugby match in the Aviva people won't be paying up to 120 for a ticket to them games...

I live down the country too so if I wanted to go to a game I'd have to put another 30 euro for travel costs so it's getting very very expensive to watch a game against Andorra - don't think I'm going to start splashing that sort of cash out too quick unless I'm an absolute die hard

> €50
    €120 is a ridiculous price. How much would the other tickets cost for one of those matches?

• Advertisement
Advertisement