Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portarlington V Mountmellick

Options
  • 08-09-2010 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi , we are living in mountrath and do not like it atall .. we are commuting to Dublin for work ,I have 2 kids under 12 and they havent really settled down here either , we want to move closer to Dub and are thinking Portarlington or Mountmellick .. I just want to move to a really nice area where i dont have to move again and we can settle down , we only here 10 months :( !! I need advice from people who are familiar with the areas .Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ginac2

oh we were thinking of Silverglen... does anyone have anything to say about that estate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

well for obvious reasons i would have to say portarlington. born and reared here and have an 8 yr old boy.

Portarlington has a train service which has numerous trains to dublin each day(handy when kids get bigger and want to head up to friends family etc)

we also have a swimming pool-gym and tennis courts and numerous sport facilities, (rugby soccor gaa). im sure mountmellick have these aswell!!!
    also there are numerous dance claases drama etc if thats what your kids are into

whitefields is a nice friendly area to live in lots of kids under 12 and a nice feel to the area

most places in portarlington are grand to live in of course im being biased so i shall let someone else from mountmellick sell there town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ginac2

my friend lives in whitefields it is actually a lovely estate but unfortunately slightly out of our budget :( so im looking around for the next best thing ... its nice to have sumone elses opinion on the town thanks very much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 rumby

I have lived in Mountmellick all my life and while it has all the facilities that Portarlington has we do not have a pool or train station. I have noticed that lots of people who have moved here are now involved in local activities and are welcomed. I think this is important for children too. Their are very few "locals" living in Silverglen. It shares the same entrance as a few other housing estates and their is a lot of houses in a very small space. I have choosen to buy a house and live here for the rest of my life. Can't fault it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jacinta12

i would say port for the train services to dublin, swimming pool and park right beside for it for children. i have a friend selling hse privately in whitefields i know she looking for a quick sale, if you interested. pm if you wish. i know its priced lower than most houses there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

Port would be the better option because of the train...

Advertisement