Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying this in a couple of hours anything wrong?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

are scan good ive never heard of them? do the ship to ireland with no problems and is it expensive to do so
    hold on a minute.....overdue from 4th of august :(
    sorry never seen that http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-157-CM

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

gone before i got a chance :rolleyes:

how can you tell if its in stock or not?

its not in stock i sent an email to them and its only on order they dont expect it for another 3 weeks :( at least they sent me a quick reply cough komplett :D I think im going to go with the 922 as it seems like a good case also read you can fit a hd 5970 into it and i figure there wont be anything much bigger than that for a while :)

• Advertisement

you.ll regret it i swear

ya thankfully the cases arnt that expensive though so i might buy the 932 when it becomes available and try and sell the 922 to someone for 40 euro or something :) its the biggest mid tower you can buy so it aint that small its just not a house like the 932 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

massy086 wrote: »
    you.ll regret it i swear

Why would he regret it? You won't actually need all that space in the 932.

try a 932 venom and then tell me you still wan a 922 .sure if thats the case go try a 912

I will still want a 922, it's cheaper and doesn't take up as much space, plus the fans are quieter.

• Advertisement

well i would take the 932 over the 922 but needs must and as no place has the 932 in stock i figure il be sorted with the 922 as every review ive read has said its a great case

That seller is charging €40 shipping

nah im after buying the 922 im sure i wont regret it too badly as im only putting in a gtx 460 right now just bought my whole build this is it My build.jpg plus these , what ye guys think? also i would really love some good first time builder guides that ye know of besides the ones on top of the board as i dont want to make a balls of this €1600 build :D

99.00 GBP = 119.527 EUR

Really, it's very simple to put it together, but if you really want a guide, Tom's Hardware have a(n old) good guide.

i pretty sure il figure it out the only real thing that im a bit worried about is the connections on the front control panel of the case and the power on off as well as the reset buttons how are they conected to the mobo?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Komplett have a good quick guide for what to do. http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/site/campaign/BYOPC/cms.aspx

The manuals will give you more detail. The front panel connectors are the most fiddly bit of the building.

front_panel.gif

The manual will tell you which cable goes where and it usually says on the motherboard too. Asus motherboards come with a handy adapter, allowing you to plug into that first to avoid sorting it out with a cramped motherboard. I haven't seen it with other makers.

as long as i know which cable is which coming from the case and which socket to plug the cable into i should be fine (i hope the 922 tells me which cable is which and the ud3r mobo tells which socket is which)

The 922 has markings on the tips for which ones they are :)

• Advertisement

thats great anyway :) il try and download the gigibyte UD3R manual later to see whats what :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

here, some pics i took from a build i did last time:pac:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/seraphimvc/StepByStepBuildPC#

is fun and easy to put them together :D

thanks for that :) ya im really looking forward to building it as i figure i cant learn how to do it until i actually do it and it will be a very useful skill to have in life. Just dont want to set €1600 worth of components up in flames :D

Advertisement