Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking new build

• 08-09-2010 5:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Hi i bulid my computer about a year ago and never got around to useing it on till this week. I want to get the most out of it so im going to over clock everything i can.

Im starting on the cpu its a Intel core duo 3.00 GHz E6850 trying to get it to 4.00 or more if i can.

My motherboard is an asus P5Q delux

Im useing the Ai tweaker in the bios

Cpu ratio at 9 that is the max the min is 6
    Fsb frequncy is at 420
    SO im getting 3.78 GHz

If i put the fsb frequncy any higer when the pc restarts it powers up but i get no display.

How can i get it higher not sure on how the voltages work if i mess about with them will i be able to get it to go higher?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Moved to Tweaking & Modding.

First of all: Have you reduced the memory divider to let your memory run slower? If you don't you'll OC the memory at the same time as the mobo and CPU :o

You can increase the vCPU to enhance stability but the trade-off is a marked increase in power consumption and heat output. Keep a close eye on CPU temps if you overclock, let alone overvolt!

Advertisement