Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to the City

Options
  • 08-09-2010 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi All, I've just been offered a job for a company in the East Point Business park and was wondering where people would recommend renting. There is a shuttle bus running from the O2 and Clontarf Rd Dart Station, so anywhere close to these areas would be great.I'm just not sure where to start looking on Daft. My price range would be up to €500.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

If you can get to clontarf dart station, it's at worst, a 10 minute walk from there. you don't need the shuttle bus. Find a place along the dart line and you'll be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 stevie123c

RedXIV wrote: »
    If you can get to clontarf dart station, it's at worst, a 10 minute walk from there. you don't need the shuttle bus. Find a place along the dart line and you'll be sorted.
    Cheers, I'm not from the city so if anybody could recommend places along the line too, that'd be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I used to work there a while back, most places around marino or clontarf are a 10-30 minute walk away.

Anywhere on the dart line is good too, the darts are pretty regular. A few of my former colleagues lived in killester too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Why not Marino, Killester or Artane, just a few minutes cycle

Lots of rental accommodation at reasonable rates
    All decent areas

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭scifi77

Marino is good.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, appreciate all the suggestions, I've narrowed the search on daft considerably

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I work in East Point, live in the city centre. Can't deny it can be a bit annoying getting to and from without a car. Marino, Clontarf, etc. are close enough but it's still a long dull 15 minute walk to get *anywhere* that's 'off-campus'.

But for morning and evening commute, anywhere along the Red Luas line, which goes as far as the O2, or near a DART station, which will get you to Clontarf Road, should be fine for you. East Point have shuttle busses to and from those locations regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭scifi77

Try to avoid a long commute if you can. It's not so bad now but think of the cold winter mornings and evenings.

scifi77 wrote: »
    Try to avoid a long commute if you can. It's not so bad now but think of the cold winter mornings and evenings.

That's exactly what I'm doing, moving from Swords, the 43 is handy but far too long every day, over an hour each way.Wouldn't have life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Marino/Clontarf/Fairview/East Wall for walking distance.

Harmonstown/Raheny/Bayside/Baldoyle/Clongriffin for the DART and if you prefer to stay on the northside.

There are loads of apartments in Clontarf which is within easy walking distance to the park and is a lovely area but is also the most expensive.

I also work in Eastpoint and the majority of my co-workers live in those areas, with a few further afield or elsewhere in places such as the IFSC, Malahide and Ranelagh.

Best of luck with the new job!

• Advertisement
Advertisement