Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Applications 2010

Options
  • 08-09-2010 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I dont know anyone going to DCU, let alone doing computer applications..
    So comment and introduce yourself!
    Also, First thing on my timetable is the Knuts and Bolts Ball..!?
    explain please?!?? :confused:

Ok so im Aine, im only 17 (i know.. young.. will be till march..)
    i love long walks on the beach, tea with no sugar and will be doing computer applications in sep 2010! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 PowerTaxi

I'm Evan. This'll be fun...

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

should warn you a lot of those orientation week events were over 18s. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to serve drinks.
    not sure what knuts and bolts ball is, maybe similar to lock and key we had last year? people were given padlocks or keys and had to match a the key with the lock it fitted.

Noodleworm wrote: »
    should warn you a lot of those orientation week events were over 18s. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to serve drinks.
    not sure what knuts and bolts ball is, maybe similar to lock and key we had last year? people were given padlocks or keys and had to match a the key with the lock it fitted.

Haha...you're joking, right?(about the padlocks, not the age)

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭AndyOHart

I'm starting up Computer Apps too, me and me mate are doing it.

Awh I was wondering what the whole Nuts and Bolts thing was ha ha, that should be a bit of crack. I dont think us Computer people actually have to go to the Helix until like 2 days after everyone else does though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Do we still go to the nuts and bolts thing even though we don't start til the next day?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ained

AndyOHart wrote: »
    I'm starting up Computer Apps too, me and me mate are doing it.

Awh I was wondering what the whole Nuts and Bolts thing was ha ha, that should be a bit of crack. I dont think us Computer people actually have to go to the Helix until like 2 days after everyone else does though?

Not going to the nuts and bolts thing. naw us computer people arent in the 20th.. first up is gettin are student cards yea? and then i miss EVERYTHING cause im 17!

Do we still go to the nuts and bolts thing even though we don't start til the next day?

i think we can...?! im not going to but i think we can.. :rolleyes:

Hey evan.. fun!? have you not heard about the maths?! xd

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

you don't have to go to anything, If some of the things on at night aren't your thing theres no reason to go, there really just disco-things..

ained wrote: »
    Hey evan.. fun!? have you not heard about the maths?! xd

Quiet You! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 VadimCK

I'm going to be doing CA aswell, can't wait! For once in my life looking forward to heading back to education!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

ained wrote: »
    and then i miss EVERYTHING cause im 17!

There's usually at least one or two events during orientation week organised that aren't over 18s. Just looking at the orientation timetable there's a comedian one night, that's usually an any age event. Might be others too.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jiggy

As I might be going into second year *fingers crossed*
    In your first year of CA watch out for...
    -The business management game CA
    -CA165 CA (its soo easy and 60 % of the whole thing)
    -Maths tutorial attendance (its about 4.5% of your summer mark)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭--SmItHy--

Names Eric, 18 and from Meath :) pretty much in the same boat as you cause most of my mates are doing different courses and got campus where i didn't :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PieceOfEve

Hello everyone! Yeah, I'll be a new student this year too. I'll be the only one from the old class doing Computer Applications.

Names Robert and I'm 18. Kinda confused about the orientation schedule too. Not too sure what to make of Tuesday the 21st. The Key provided doesn't make it very clear. :confused:

Anyway, really looking forward to starting! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭--SmItHy--

PieceOfEve wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Yeah, I'll be a new student this year too. I'll be the only one from the old class doing Computer Applications.

Names Robert and I'm 18. Kinda confused about the orientation schedule too. Not too sure what to make of Tuesday the 21st. The Key provided doesn't make it very clear. :confused:

I think they're the order for people to collect their cards or something :P through alphabetical order...still pretty confusing though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Anyone know what it means when it just says 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

They are your tutorials. Im guessing your seeing three or so big blocks that go one beneath each other at the same time on the same day yeah? Basically you ll be split into classes (last name) and you ll be assigned one of the these tutorials to go to. On your first week dont go to the first one on tuesday unless your told to cause no one will be there.

DGRulz wrote: »
    Anyone know what it means when it just says 8?

Or the "7" next to the A-G :D
    Basically you ll be split into classes (last name) and you ll be assigned one of the these tutorials to go to

Aha, righteo then.

Or the "7" next to the A-G :D

Not sure about the 7 but Id say the A-G part is the alphabetical order we have to get our I.Ds

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I wouldn't rely too much on the timetable yet. It will keep changing until lectures start. Quite often the timetables won't be finalised until a few weeks into the semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭AndyOHart

Attol wrote: »
    I wouldn't rely too much on the timetable yet. It will keep changing until lectures start. Quite often the timetables won't be finalised until a few weeks into the semester.

Yeah thats what I heard, I'l be gutted if I dont get the Friday off.

Fear not not Computer App friends!!!! I've solved the 7 and 8 problem. If you look at the page w/ 'orientation week scheudual' on top you'll notice its numbered 1-8 and then on our schedual each event has a number in front of it :D

Remember me I'm :cool:

DGRulz wrote: »
    Fear not not Computer App friends!!!! I've solved the 7 and 8 problem. If you look at the page w/ 'orientation week scheudual' on top you'll notice its numbered 1-8 and then on our schedual each event has a number in front of it :D

Remember me I'm :cool:

Yep! Wish I figured that out sooner. >.<

Right, so, collecting cards tomorrow. Can't wait.

Yup Indeed :P

Anybody going to the Knuts and Bolts tonight. I really cant be bothered if I've to be back yup to DCU for 9 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sephiroth_vg

I am gonna be new too...well actually new to Ireland lol :D. i emailed DCU today but no reply till now about the venue..we can come see though? Would give us all a change to meet up before the whole thing. I am in Mechatronics btw..names Raffay 18 :P so no problems about age or whatever..

• Registered Users Posts: 41 steo 24

gettin to dcu is such a hassle by bus !! >:O

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

steo 24 wrote: »
    gettin to dcu is such a hassle by bus !! >:O

No it's not

There is a stop thats almost all to dcu.

Try a 19A,4,4A,13A,11,11A,11B

if you know where your going and don't mind a walk, taking a 16A,16,41,33 or 31 will get your close enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Sephiroth_vg

Who here was in knuts and bolts today ?

Advertisement