Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Speaker not working, any suggestions for an idiot?

• 08-09-2010 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Very poor technological know how, but the sound has gone, think all the cables are plugged in. But the speaker just doesn't appear to work, the light remains off and no sound. Any suggestions as to what I could do to make sure it is a broken speaker?.
    Tanx
    F

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

When you say light I assume that you are talking about a power light on the speaker itself. In this case I'm also assuming that it is an analogue speaker set; as in its powered by a power brick and it plugged into your computer via a 3.5mm jack and not via USB. In this case the fault lies with the speakers and not the computer, either the power brick is blown or the power cable is severed or its not plugged in properly or there is an internal problem with the speakers.

Unless they were an expensive set you are probably better off just buying new ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Thanks Knasher, that does resemble my system yes and it is a Dell desktop, born in 2006. I've tried my best to source any loose connections, plugging the relevant cables in and out and there doesn't appear to be any loose connection. The green light which normally comes on when turned isn't working.

I assume that any set of speakers in the shops is compatible? Any budget recommendations available in P.C. World/Currys?
    Tanx
    F

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Check the socket its plugged into also, try it in a different one.

I would suggest logitech speakers. Depending on your budget and what you're looking for, they have a lot in Curry's and PC World.

Advertisement