Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theory Test Disc

Options
  • 08-09-2010 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

So I bought the official driver theory test disc in Easons today and when i put it in and clicked next on the set-up screen it said counterfeit or virtual CD detected, and wont run at all.. has anyone else had this problem? is it my latop or the disc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Xenzo

hi i'm having the exact same problem i bought the 4th edition and its saying the same things i don't know what to do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Bring them back and get a replacement. They're probably part of a dodgy batch.

yeah i probably will end up doing that its just it worked fine on my friends computer yet when i try it on mine its saying 'counterfeit or virtual cd detected'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Xenzo, do you have any disc emulation software, like Daemon tools or Alcohol 120 installed? If so it may be detecting those and think's it's been copied.

I was thinking that could be the problem i only have power iso so i deleted power iso still no luck though its wrecking my head!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Supermanvideo

Hey,

Working on this probem I tried to Install the Driver Theory Test on a Toshiba Tecra M3 & M5 with no joy(on xp & vista). It installed fine on newer a Tecra M10 & M11 with Vista. Perhaps it's the version of the CD ROM that's causing the problem.

I emailed the tech guys from the cd box and they sent me a patch which fixed the problem it was pretty straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,126 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Xenzo wrote: »
    I emailed the tech guys from the cd box and they sent me a patch which fixed the problem it was pretty straightforward.
    What is the Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Supermanvideo

We try to hit the right balance between protecting our software from piracy and not disrupting use for genuine customers. Unfortunately no copy protection technology works in every computer hardware/software configuration, but our software runs on hundreds of thousands of computers without problem. We are sorry that you happen to be in the tiny number of genuine customers that experience a problem with the copy protection.

We have created a patch that overcomes the most common causes of a false-positive detection of a counterfeit disc. Please follow the instructions below to download and use this patch.

1. Insert the TODTT CD into your computer’s CD/DVD drive.
    2. If the installer on the disc auto-runs, then click on cancel and exit the installer.
    3. Download / copy the updated installer to your desktop using this link: http://www.imagitech.co.uk/download/TODTT/The_Official_Driver_Theory_Test_(4th_Edition)_Setup_(English).exe (198 MB)
    4. Once the download has finished, run the updated installer on your desktop.
    5. During the setup process you will see a ‘Check your CD’ screen, which looks similar to the ‘Counterfeit or Virtual CD Detected’ screen. Don’t worry, it’s not the same screen, just click on the ‘Next’ button.
    6. When installation is complete, run the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 emsfbmail

We try to hit the right balance between protecting our software from piracy and not disrupting use for genuine customers. Unfortunately no copy protection technology works in every computer hardware/software configuration, but our software runs on hundreds of thousands of computers without problem. We are sorry that you happen to be in the tiny number of genuine customers that experience a problem with the copy protection.

We have created a patch that overcomes the most common causes of a false-positive detection of a counterfeit disc. Please follow the instructions below to download and use this patch.

1. Insert the TODTT CD into your computer’s CD/DVD drive.
    2. If the installer on the disc auto-runs, then click on cancel and exit the installer.
    3. Download / copy the updated installer to your desktop using this link: (198 MB)
    4. Once the download has finished, run the updated installer on your desktop.
    5. During the setup process you will see a ‘Check your CD’ screen, which looks similar to the ‘Counterfeit or Virtual CD Detected’ screen. Don’t worry, it’s not the same screen, just click on the ‘Next’ button.
    6. When installation is complete, run the application.

Apologies on bumping an older thread but i'm having the very same issue, difference being i'm running through mac with Wine (and ive tried Parallels also), having an AWFUL time trying to get this to work. Total newbie obvs...

The linked thread above is broken now and prob well out of date now anyway.
    Would there be any newer patch or walk through available now does anyone know??
    Thanks in advance! I'm so stressed trying to sort this test out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

emsfbmail wrote: »
    Apologies on bumping an older thread but i'm having the very same issue, difference being i'm running through mac with Wine (and ive tried Parallels also), having an AWFUL time trying to get this to work. Total newbie obvs...

The linked thread above is broken now and prob well out of date now anyway.
    Would there be any newer patch or walk through available now does anyone know??
    Thanks in advance! I'm so stressed trying to sort this test out!

There's loads of info available on this.

This brought up loads, including an itunes app

https://www.google.ie/search?q=driver+theory+test+ireland+mac&oq=driver+theory+test+ireland+mac+&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.13056j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Registered Users Posts: 2 emsfbmail

Thanks a mill for the reply.
    I have bought the CD-ROM already so really need help with that particular set up. 😊 I've seen others have had similar issue through Wine etc.
    I would never have purchased it if I'd known they didn't have a mac option available (so ridiculous in 2017)
    Hoping to resolve the partition issue I'm having with it first (as it's coming up as counterfeit and is not). If I can't I'm going to have to try and get my hard earned money back 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Maybe email the people who made it? Don't know off hand who that is but there should be some info on the cd or box. They are bound to have seen the same problem before and know how to sort it.

Advertisement