Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gyms on the northside

Options
  • 08-09-2010 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

i was wondering if anyone could recommend a gym on the north side of the city, one that does not cost a fortune.i know there is one in temple bar, but i have heard that area is expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Temple Bar is the southside...

Anyway this could be an option, it's Dublin 2 so fairly central. They also offer a pay as you go type thing which is cool.

http://www.dublincity.ie/RecreationandCulture/SportsFacilities/LeisureCentres/Pages/markievicz_leisure_centre.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭YouTalkinToMe

Theres the Markievicz on Townsend street its pay as you go about 6.60,can be busy and its not that big but has a pool http://www.dublincity.ie/RECREATIONANDCULTURE/SPORTSFACILITIES/LEISURECENTRES/Pages/markievicz_leisure_centre.aspx

The YMCA on Aunger St D2 little bit bigger and a few euro dearer.
    http://www.gymlockr.ie/ymca-aungier-street

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

Most of the recommendations so far are on the Southside.

There are a few on the Northside, but not sure if you mean inner city or a bit further out.

These are all off the top of my head, so I'm sorry I don't have any real info.

In Smithfield there are 2 gyms, one called escape on Smithfield Square itself. It has a pool, gym and classes - but I don't know about cost. Apparently it's very nice, so probably pricey. The other gym in Smithfield is called the elbow room and just does classes e.g. Pilates etc.

Tony Quinn has a gym on Eccles Street, which is basic enough and has no pool, but full set of weights and equipment.

Phibsborough Gym, guess where that is. Classes, weights and machines - no pool.

Ben Dunne was meant to be opening a gym on Jervis Street, but haven't heard about that in a while.

Hegarty's gym in Middle Abbey Street, pretty much same deal as Tony Quinn.

Hercules gym on Linenhall Street (or thereabouts). Aimed at serious weight lifters e.g. powerlifting.

There are a few other small places, but I can't remember names or addresses. Hopefully you can find something suitable out of that lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Most of the recommendations so far are on the Southside.

There are a few on the Northside, but not sure if you mean inner city or a bit further out.

These are all off the top of my head, so I'm sorry I don't have any real info.

In Smithfield there are 2 gyms, one called escape on Smithfield Square itself. It has a pool, gym and classes - but I don't know about cost. Apparently it's very nice, so probably pricey. The other gym in Smithfield is called the elbow room and just does classes e.g. Pilates etc.

Tony Quinn has a gym on Eccles Street, which is basic enough and has no pool, but full set of weights and equipment.

Phibsborough Gym, guess where that is. Classes, weights and machines - no pool.

Ben Dunne was meant to be opening a gym on Jervis Street, but haven't heard about that in a while.

Hegarty's gym in Middle Abbey Street, pretty much same deal as Tony Quinn.

Hercules gym on Linenhall Street (or thereabouts). Aimed at serious weight lifters e.g. powerlifting.

There are a few other small places, but I can't remember names or addresses. Hopefully you can find something suitable out of that lot.

i was looking for soemthing close to o connell street. came across SV fitness in the financial district but it is closed at weekends, which is when I would have most time for the gym.
    Educo is a programme,an expensive one at that and not what I am looking for(threadmills, sauna, fellow humans).
    i will check out hegartys and quinn. thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

Almost Northside, the Bridgefoot St. Fitness Gym, on Bridgefoot St., funnily enough.

€210 for the year, IIRC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement