Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recording from digital TV - alternative to sky plus / upc digital+

• 08-09-2010 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

Hi
    My mother wants to start recording from digital tv and does not like the idea of getting a upc box (the equivalent of the sky plus box, we have upc unfortunately!) as you can't store the content indefinitely and you are very reliant on it if it breaks etc. Can you use a dard drive recorder or anything else, to record one channel whilst watching another? A guy in a TV shop today told her with a HD recorder you can only record the channel you are watching / have on at the time, which is not much good in her opinion!

thanks a million for the help guys - I don't know much about these things myself :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Dont touch that !!!! The remote is the most complicated yoke I have seen. Sky+ or UPC Digital + is easy peasy compared to this animal. Google it and you'll find the reviews of it - almost all are of the opinion that it is a poor unit. The manual is awful. Definitely NOT for the non-technically minded.

Advertisement