Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to force dealer to fix car?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Ryan T wrote: »
    Whatever you do don't follow this advice

Why?

Of course check out the legalities first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Ryan T wrote: »
    Whatever you do don't follow this advice

Agreed!

As much as I would like to fcuk someone over in return it never ends well. OP, time to document everything that has happened and send a letter to the dealer saying if said works are not carried out by such a date you will be left with no choice but to seek legal advice. No more phone calls, all future correspondance in writing only, be it letter or email. Right now the dealer is hoping you will get pissed off with him wasting your time and walk away, he is probably expecting the language barrier to help this. If you need any help writing the letter I would be glad to help.

After this if he does not complete said works to your satisfaction do indeed seek legal advice, and again, make sure everything is in writing - otherwise a solicitor is not much help to you either.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 alang9831

Mandzhalas,

Just to clarify something?

When you collected the car(obviously the neccessary work wasn't done)but had the dealer got an NCT on it?

If they had then someone else has some questions to answer!!!!!

Anyway its time for you to do something drastic.These kind of guys are to used to people staying quiet,its time to make some noise.

Local press.
    Local media.
    Fliers.

Take yourself to the dealer and refuse to leave until you get the answers you require.(on paper)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Why dont you write it out for us in another language for us while you're at it. I'll have it in Greek please :mad:

Bloody hate the grammer police. The chap is telling a story of woe and you're correcting his writing. The only help you are in here is to demonstarte how useless you are to anybody with a motor related problem. :cool:
    Jebus, Ed. I didn't complain about the OP's spelling or grammar; all I did was stick in some much needed white space! I'd say I actually headed off a few comments of the type you are complaining of. The :cool: doesn't really excuse your last comment either. I love you too, btw. :D

Edit: Just saw your apology - thanks.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement