Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement License Plate

Options
  • 08-09-2010 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭

Need to get my rear license plate replaced...

.. stupid Esso car wash took off some of the EU flag.

Anyone know of anywhere in town who'll sell them cheapish and fit them for a little extra? I'd say Halfords might, but I read somewhere else they're the most expensive of the lot at €15 a plate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

there a place in beside where gurreys laundrette is on Connolly street

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

I got plates in the place down on riverside near the hotel, cant remember the price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

there a place in beside where gurreys laundrette is on Connolly street
    You mean IMC with Fred & Joe?
    jazyguy wrote: »
    I got plates in the place down on riverside near the hotel, cant remember the price though.
    Ah yeah.. Riverside Motors.

Might give a call around a few places tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Blanc Signs in the yard beside the Asian Foodstore on Connolly Street do them. Alan is a nice bloke and v reasonable prices.

He did the sign for my shop, and it wasn't an easy job but he was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

There are 2 on JFK Parade. Just looked up on net and came across numberplates.ie 8.25 for single plate including fixing kit. Not sure if that includes delivery (lol some aspects of the faq looks as if it was direct translation from Korean).

• Advertisement

There are 2 on JFK Parade. Just looked up on net and came across numberplates.ie 8.25 for single plate including fixing kit. Not sure if that includes delivery (lol some aspects of the faq looks as if it was direct translation from Korean).
    Checked NumberPlates.ie earlier today.. feckers charge €7 for delivery.

I'd probably get one locally for less.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Sligo Auto Factors down near the Riverside. Really sound blokes in there.

magnumlady wrote: »
    Sligo Auto Factors down near the Riverside. Really sound blokes in there.

I know! I go in like a total n00b and they don't make me feel like one. As for Halfords... they make me feel like this > :o

You should have seen me in Sligo Auto Factors today, telling them I needed a belt! I hadn't a clue what I needed because I left the old one on the bloody table:rolleyes:
    But they knew what I meant!:D

magnumlady wrote: »
    You should have seen me in Sligo Auto Factors today, telling them I needed a belt!

You're lucky you didn't get a slap! :eek:

• Advertisement

Ta kids.

Will probably pop into one of the two in Riverside as they're on my side of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Top Part across from Brooks Hanley's old timber yard do them as well. About 10euro each. You can get screws but double sided tape (3M or some other decent make) does a tidy job. Clean the back of the plate and the paintwork with white spirits, put 4 or 5 strips of tape on the plate, line it up and press on firmly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Ballast Signs in Cleveragh. Bread and butter to them

Didn't get it done today. Had to bring the dog to the vet today in a bit of an emergency.

Hopefully will get in tomorrow.

Hope the dog is OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

hope the dog is ok basquille, i got two plates in innishfree motors (down the riverside)with the fixings for €20 so i'd assume one is about a tenner, less than 3 minutes in total waiting and very friendly

Went to Inishfree Motors this morning - €10 for the one but they wouldn't fit them. :(

But I went over to the father's house (as i'd no drill) and he did them.

We used the old plates as a template for the new ones. They came out very well..and looks better than the metal one on the front.

Now to go up to the NCT centre on Monday for my cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

basquille wrote: »
    Went to Inishfree Motors this morning - €10 for the one but they wouldn't fit them. :(

But I went over to the father's house (as i'd no drill) and he did them.

We used the old plates as a template for the new ones. They came out very well..and looks better than the metal one on the front.

Now to go up to the NCT centre on Monday for my cert.

Good Luck - I hope your baby passes with flying colours! And give Fudge a cuddle from me :)

Xiney wrote: »
    Good Luck - I hope your baby passes with flying colours!
    Yeah, I failed first time round albeit with silly stuff (never took center caps off, bit of the EU flag on license plate wore away with Esso's power-wash! :D) but got a free re-test (as it didn't involve use of the test lane) and went up and got my NCT cert on Monday.
    And give Fudge a cuddle from me :)
    Will do. He's grand now - had to wear that cone for a couple of days but he's back to himself. Worst that when he tried to run up the stairs in the cone.. got about 5 steps up, the cone got stuck on a step and he tumbled back down onto a wooden floor. Needless to say, my other half was upset while I just wished I had a camcorder! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

(what's a centre cap?)

• Advertisement

(what's a centre cap?)
    The centre caps on alloy wheels to hide the wheel nuts.. they simply pop out!

Advertisement