Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skirting a curved wall?

• 08-09-2010 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

any help here would be appreciated...

We have a spare room which needs skirting boards...one of the corners curves inward.

i was thinking i could cut up small pieces of the board to go in the curve?

I want to use the same board that's in the rest of the house.

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 troyh

How curved is the wall? If it is not too bad and assuming that the existing skirting is std white deal Ogee type skirting then you could score the back of the skirting using a skill saw every say 2-4 inches. This will help with the bending. Watch out though as you score as the top of the skirting (if it is an ogee) will be thinner that the bottom and so you may cut through this section if you go too deep.

When I skirt a round wall I usually us 15mm MDF scored according to the bend required. However, this works better when the skirting has a very simple profile (square edged or Bullnose). If the radius is VERY small then several layers of something like 4mm ply is your only option with plenty of time to prep the top of the skirting prior to painting (i.e. the laminated edge)

Advertisement