Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compaq Presario V5000 with dicky DC -help!.

Options
  • 08-09-2010 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have one of these laptops, and it's become a real chore to keep AC power connected - the indicator in Windows keeps flicking between indicating battery and AC, the screen dims up and down the whole time and so on. I don't think it's the power brick but will verify at the weekend.

Anyway I have obtained a new internal power unit which consists of the power connector, cable and motherboard plug. So it plugs into a socket on the mobo, it isn't soldered. Easy.

I've had a go myself using HP's own disassembly guide but got as far as having to remove some wires onto the mini-PCI board and then chickened out.

So I need an experienced company or individual to do it for me!

:)
    Tagged:

Advertisement