Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roof flashing quote for leaky roof

• 08-09-2010 9:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭

Can someone give me an idea on cost for the following - will probably call a professional roofer anyhow just want to get an idea....

-house(40yrs old) has external front porch
    -started to leak inside porch water running from ceiling
    -valley running down onto porch roof has 2 X cracks

Thing is...valley is aprx 4ft long..have been quoted 2000euro for the job..

Do you think thats a lot? Recomendation for good/fair Cork roofer?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Is there tiles or slates on the roof?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭iguana2005

mp22 wrote: »
    Is there tiles or slates on the roof?

tiles - the guy looking at it yesterday said he'd do a patch job by stopping leak....dont know what he did but its leaking again tonight with rain..FFS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 masonry solutions

2k is a crazy price, a builder friend of mine spends alot of time in bantry pm me if you want his number

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

ditto on the price,but you can claim off you house insurance for the repair,I live in the bantry area,if you want numbers for the local lads let me know (unless the 2 grand came from here:rolleyes:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭ronaldo84

i take it theres two 4ft valleys?? 2k is mental if its not long leaking and no rot has set into the roof. you shud shop around and get some one thats good and not dear. if its tiles its handier again than slates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Liam45Dub

This is something the guys at Assist Roofing can help with.

Advertisement