Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny - Waterford via new motorway.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

as regards that new road, i witnessed a near accident this morning....coming from kilkenny to the motorway....guy in front was going to waterford so obviously had it in his mind he needed to be in right hand lane where road splits for dublin and waterford...however, about half mile before this there are red and white bollards in middle of road but its still two way traffic and you still have to stay on the left. Yer man in front of me heads into the right hand lane towards on coming lorry..now, he got back in time but i think its a real danger there. I rang council to let them know...guy said they' look into signage. apart from that its a great road,

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

From the Castlecomer road roundabout on the ring road, I went to Waterford on Wednesday evening, leaving just after 6pm. I went around the ring road to the Waterford Road and out to the Danesfort junction.
    It took me 15 minutes from my house to get onto the motorway and weirdly it took me 16 minutes from there to reach the end of the motorway near Waterford. Traffic was light/normal around the ring road so it would be a reasonable marker...

On the way home I exited at Dunbell instead and took the new link road to Kilkenny. On a point of interest, when taking that exit you get the usual 3-2-1 signs to exit at the slip road and then there is an 80kmph limit sign right on the bend after a very short slip road and let me tell you that 80kmph is a funky enough speed to take that corner at....
    Anyway, It took me about 3 minutes less to come home that way, 28 minutes versus 31 minutes from my home to the end of the motorway near WD. Cruise control was set the same each way...

Advertisement