Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Build - A Few Questions?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Answers:

Yes
    Yes (might as well if you haven't got an alternate OS lined up yet)
    Yes

Alternate build - €475 shipped from HWVS:

HWVS080910.png

Better mobo (and thus better sound and graphics), better HDD, better case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Thanks solitaire.

I mite go for that build you reccomended. Much cheaper with shipping.

One question, will that 300w psu need to be upgraded, say if i added a graphics card in the next few months?

... That kinda changes things a bit :o

What graphics card would you upgrade to?

Not sure really. Nothing too powerful. Im not a big pc gamer. Only on the xbox. I just want to have the option.

Or would i even need to install a graphics card if not playing games?

If you don't want to play games other than the ones on your web browser then you can easily get by on integrated graphics :)

• Advertisement

Perfect thanks.

Looking forward to getting this system built. In bad need of a new machine. My current dell is 6 years old and I need something new and fresh.

Ouch :o It would make the new rig's tri-core CPU look like science fiction :p

Advertisement