Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Lit?

Options
  • 08-09-2010 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Okay basically just want to ask here 'IF' I have a day where im not on until lets say 11am. Where would be the best place to park (if I cant find a space in LIT carpark)? Where could I go? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭ROCE1977

you can get clamped in the shop car park so not there. But along the road next to the shop alot of people I know park.

Some people park in the student village and get the shuttle bus up. I think it leaves every few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭cocomk1

Thank you for the reply.

Anywhere else? Any housing estates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭ROCE1977

you can chance any of the near by estates as long as you don't block someones driveway you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Stoney Meadows is literally a f**kin' car park when college is on. Ya have lads parking on your f**kin' lawn there and thinking nothing of it, as well as parking in front of people's driveways and blocking lawns. Don't do this.

I used to throw a wheely bin on top of cars that went on our lawn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

cocomk1 wrote: »
    Okay basically just want to ask here 'IF' I have a day where im not on until lets say 11am. Where would be the best place to park (if I cant find a space in LIT carpark)? Where could I go? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Take the first right after LIT (heading in Old Cratloe road direction), just before the shop, then another quick left.....down at bottom of that road at the junction there are usually a few spots. Used to park there when I was in at 11/12. tbh I useda have to go down there if I wasnt in by about 9.20/30, except for Fridays.

But like others have said dont park in front of driveways! I only had a resident come out to me once to ask me to move, not because I was in front of his gate but because I was parked on a bend and he was afraid that my car would get hit by the local boy racers!! :)

Dunno where else people are supposed to park tbh, car park they built wasnt big enough. Its only gonna get worse with all the influx of mature students these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Get a bike - it's by far the handiest option. They spent a good bit of money building a secure bike-shed last year and it's the best I've seen; industrial fencing and an electronic lock. Go into the Estates office and you can get a fob for a €10 refundable deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

concussion wrote: »
    Get a bike - it's by far the handiest option. They spent a good bit of money building a secure bike-shed last year and it's the best I've seen; industrial fencing and an electronic lock. Go into the Estates office and you can get a fob for a €10 refundable deposit.

where exactly is the estates office?
    whats a ''fob''?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Leroy Lita wrote: »
    where exactly is the estates office?
    whats a ''fob''?

It's a key basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

The Esates office is located near the back door to LIT. Stand facing the rear caretakers office; there are double doors to the right. Go through and it's the second door on the right. I'm 99% sure it's called the 'Estates Office' but 100% on the directions :P

A fob is an electronic key. Put it on your key ring and swipe it at the gate to open the magnetic lock.

Advertisement