Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for new bands to listen 2!

Options
  • 08-09-2010 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Looking for any bands sounding like silverchairs early stuff or inmes first album just simple heavy riffs etc any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Dave H

Not so much new bands but good ones though.
    Seven Mary Three,Circus of Power and if you can find it Send No Flowers.
    They're just a few that I'll listen to for a good while at a time.There's a kind of grungey stomp with all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Not to0 familiar with Silverchair, but alternative grungey sound right?
    How about Pearl Jam, even Smashing Pumpkins?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Coal chamber has the simple riffs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

For the similarities to Overgrown Eden I would recommend Brigade's first two albums called Lights and Come Morning We Fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sydsad

Ah old silverchair were class.

Cage the elephant. They dont sound like em but they are very good. Same with And so i watch you from afar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mr.apple

thanks for the help guys appreciate it and like brigade already good band.gotta love queenie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Mr.apple wrote: »
    thanks for the help guys appreciate it and like brigade already good band.gotta love queenie
    Glad you chose to give them a chance. Much better than Fightstar I reckon (The singer is Charlie Simpson's older brother)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 infernusprime

Try these lads out. Dublin band:

Last Show on Earth Facebook and Myspace.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭TheoBoone

Buckcherry, Shinedown and Captain Beyond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Bands off the top of my head that have that sort of sound are
    Bush, silversun pickups, Local H, Mudhoney, Live, Candlebox.
    Also Seether are probably the closest to that post-grunge heavy sound

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

sydsad wrote: »
    Ah old silverchair were class.

Cage the elephant. They dont sound like em but they are very good. Same with And so i watch you from afar

First album was quite good, the recent album is a bit of a departure in terms of sound and nowhere near as good as the first album imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Bands off the top of my head that have that sort of sound are
    Bush, silversun pickups, Local H, Mudhoney, Live, Candlebox.
    Also Seether are probably the closest to that post-grunge heavy sound

Throwing Copper is a brilliant album and it's follow up Secret Samadhi was pretty good as well.

Shame they got worse on almost every album release ( V had some good moments) after that right up to the awful Songs from Black Mountain which finished them as a band.

Ed Kowalczyk's solo album, Alive, was a bit of a step towards how Live sounded in their better days, although it is much more religious in theme than Live's lyrics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I only really listened to throwing copper, never really bothered with the later stuff.
    Some good songs but nothing fantastic, something about their sound didn't appeal to me

Advertisement