Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vet opinion about dog??

• 08-09-2010 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi,
    (Main Question is weather to trust VET??)

I'm looking to get the opinion of hopefully a vet or as close as possible??

My dog has been ill for awhile now and my mother brought the dog to the vet 2months ago and the vet didnt notice anything wrong? jus gave antibiotics...
    soon after my dog had lost alot of weight so my mam brought the dog again and vet gave antibiotics again... didnt work... brought dog again and the assistant noticed lumb near kidneys on right side (not sure exact details) so vet took an xray and found lump near kidneys..

The vet told my mother that thwy will operate and that it could be a cyst fat or CANCER....

The vet said that if it is cyst or fat they will remove..

But

if it is Malignant cancer that is spreading they will jus let her pass away on the table...

I think this is very abrupt, would all vets do this or would some maybe remove as much of the tumur as possible then see how dog gets on and maybe try remove the rest later??

My mam is bringing dog tomorrow i feel maybe it would be best to get another opinion what do you think??

Thanks
    Gamby

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

get a second opinion if your not happy.I did and it saved my dogs life xx

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

boxerly wrote: »
    get a second opinion if your not happy.I did and it saved my dogs life xx

+1 on the second opinion!!! if your worried then i would defiantly get another opinion!

is the dog old?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

There is absolutely no harm in getting a second opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

Definitely get a second opinion if you're not happy with the information you've gotten so far.
    As for operating and then euthanizing on the table if it is a tumour- they must have your permission for that. So, for example, you could ask them to do surgery, and if it's cancerous, you can ask them to simply close up and let the dog wake up and treat her palliatively until the end of her life. It's totally up to you- just make sure you get all the information of pros and cons of whatever procedure you choose and like so many other posters are saying, if you're not happy with the level of information you're getting, go to another vet and get another opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭gamby

the dog is only 3...
    we got more information from the vet and are going to go ahead with her opinion...

Thanks for the help

hope it goes well

Thanks
    Gamby

• Advertisement
Advertisement