Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apartments at penrose/o'connell court

• 08-09-2010 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

What are the apartments in penrose court/o'connell court like,is penrose and o'connel the same area, im taking a look at one in the next few days and from the pics it looks nice but I heard around that area can be a bit rough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

You should feel right at home if you are from Eastern Europe or Nigeria!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭showmetheway

That's not really answering the question I asked now is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Well I have been in the block across from Spirit Spa in O'Connell street and it looks ok. But again I would remind you of my earlier post

wellboy76 wrote: »
    Well I have been in the block across from Spirit Spa in O'Connell street and it looks ok. But again I would remind you of my earlier post

what are you trying to insinuate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Yeah they are in the same area but different buildings,theres St James gate and another building called Anne's something in the same area too,i havent been in any of them but seen pics on daft and yeah they look alright,but as previously said there's a lot of eastern European and Nigerian living there,but thats not to say the places are rough,ive never heard of any trouble around there but im sure someone on here will have.

But to be honest i personally wouldn't want to live there,it just not a nice area to look at,and if you do decide to live there as others will probably say stay away from bookaroom.

Heres a good video on the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

It's a grand area. Lived there a year and never had an issue. It's the areas full of the local toerags you should be avoiding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Friend of mine lived there a few year ago, it was ok then besides from a couple who used to shout and scream at each other on the weekends. Not sure what its like now but from what i heard its still not the best place to live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭EoinHeffernan

The apartments themselves are grand, cant complain about that. Just beaware though that friday - sunday seems to be a non stop party as the music/shouting goes on all night long, which is grand if your an insomniac but when not, well.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

But to be honest i personally wouldn't want to live there,it just not a nice area to look at,and if you do decide to live there as others will probably say stay away from bookaroom.

We have gone though Bookaroom for 2 years and NEVER had a problem with them. Any problem that we have had it is sorted ASAP.

Stop wrecking businesses reputations - you would not like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

We have gone though Bookaroom for 2 years and NEVER had a problem with them. Any problem that we have had it is sorted ASAP.

Hes not wrecking their reputation.Theyve brought it on themselves with how they treated a lot of tenants.Look around this forum and youll find tonnes of complaints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Mate of mine lives in O'Connell court and it seems fine. His apartment is quite good. Never noticed any trouble in the area.

You'll hear a lot of rumours about the area but it's mostly BS, and can be boiled down to a fear of foreigners and apartment living in general. Talk of ghettos, etc., is hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Yeah well i lived in railway square for a year and i had nothing but problems with bookaroom and i never got my deposit back but thats another story,have a search through here and you will see that im not the only person who has a problem with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

which bookaroom were you with ,you cant ruin an already ruined reputation:rolleyes:

from reading other threads i would defo give them a wide berth ,and that lark distracting motorists with the big baloon over the trainstation roundabout was'nt too clever either...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 daisyholeR

Good God stay away from bookaroom! Most unprofessional crowd ever! Late to fix problems and they love keeping your deposit for an extended (or indefinate) period of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm afraid I also had a nightmare with book-a-room when I was with them.

having said that I would be more inclined not to use lettinng agents anyway.

A mate of mine lives don that way OP and i have been drinking there a good few times and it seems grand but there is a large number of eastern europeans dow that way (not so much an issue for me but it's worth noting).

I lived in James Gate for 6 months and i woudnt go near apartments down that way because of it. build quality in there was shocking and we got infested with mould.

and as someone mentioned there does seem to be a constant hose party on somewhere :)

They are in the centre of things and fairly cheap so its basically what your into.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kittymiss

ziedth wrote: »
    I'm afraid I also had a nightmare with book-a-room when I was with them.

I lived in James Gate for 6 months and i woudnt go near apartments down that way because of it. build quality in there was shocking and we got infested with mould.

They are in the centre of things and fairly cheap so its basically what your into.

friend of mine had same problem with mould build up , something to do with the way they were built he said.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

Being a single man I wouldnt mind the house parties at the weekends of odd week night but not every night, what are the infirmary apartments like?

Haunted :)

Na they are grand, I was st a session there once or twice and o thought they were fine.

Which agencies would be better than bookaroom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Which agencies would be better than bookaroom?

I would sort of recommend.....well none of them really, have never rented with Book-a-Room personally, been shown plenty of property by them however and the chap that showed me 9/10 was a sound chap, Cormac is his name.

Try get a private treaty where possible is all i could say!

• Advertisement

^ I agree,

Problem with booking agencies outside the obvious ****e people here will have experienced is that you never meet the landlord while if it's private you can meet them when viewing and younger a pretty good idea fairly quick what they are like. IE if you get a bad vibe off him/her don't take it and you usually won't have to sign a lease going private.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

daisyholeR wrote: »
    Good God stay away from bookaroom! Most unprofessional crowd ever! Late to fix problems and they love keeping your deposit for an extended (or indefinate) period of time.

I've heard nothing but bad things about Book a Room. From personal experience they are also bad from the landlords perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RM007

Hi there, Regina Mangan from bookaroom.ie here.

I would really appreciate an opportunity to address some of the comments posted here. Some of your letting experiences and opinions of Bookaroom.ie show we have upset some people here.

Our business is not just about renting, it also involves responding and fixing maintenance issues for our tenants. In order to provide a better service for our tenants we invested a lot of money in a new software system last July 2009. This customer relationship management system logs faults and tracks calls very effectively. We have seen a huge reduction of customers having to make unnecessary repeat calls on maintenance problems. We now have a Senior person Maria Clifford who has been with the Company seven years working in this part of the business since last November.

Also early last year we made a huge business decision not to rent property any longer for a really big client. He owned almost 50 properties in Waterford. His lack of response to faults reported by tenants meant we had a lot of unhappy people in properties that we rented. This decision meant that we lost a lot of money in income to Bookaroom.ie, but we realize it was costing us more in bad service. This I hope demonstrates our commitment to our tenants and the service our tenants rightly expect.

By listening more to what our customers have told us we have invested in better technology, moved a senior experienced member of the team to maintenance, and are more selective of the properties we rent.

Although we have made mistakes, we have a very committed team who genuinely want our customers to enjoy dealing with bookroom.

If anyone wants me to respond directly, I would welcome your emails on regina@bookaroom.ie .

Thank you for taking the time to read my comments.
    Regina Mangan
    Managing Director of Bookaroom.ie

Advertisement