Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diabetics and Baths

Options
  • 08-09-2010 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭

Is there some reason having a bath would affect my blood sugar level? After a recent bad spell with my blood brought on by bad eating I decided to be really good this week diet wise. My readings have come steadily down all week and were at 10.2 this morning. I decided not to exercise tonight but to have a nice long bath instead and afterwards just out of curiosity I checked my blood before having a cup of tea and a slice of low gi bread and it was at 17.3. I have been really good diet wise today and I was expecting a nice low reading.
    I have seen notices in swimming pools lately saying diabetics should not use the jacuzzi or the sauna, is there some reason we cannot use these or have a bath?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not something I'm familair with having showered for the last X decades. The only thing that I can think of is potential for burning oneself without realising due to poor circulation.

Just a note to say 10.2 in the mornings suggests you still have some way to go before you are where you need to be for the long term. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 justplainme

think the sauna/jacuzzi thing has something to do with circulation alright but not sure. Bath's however are grand as far as I'm aware. I have found I often go hypo after one but maybe that's just coincidence. :confused:

don't let the high figures put you off though - sometimes I find them unexplainable!! keep up the effort with sorting out the levels, it's tough and some days you'll slip up but just start afresh!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

I know 10.2 in the mornings isint great but its way better then 17.5 last week.

Advertisement