Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor told me I had roaming, but I don't

Options
  • 08-09-2010 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I was up the North a few days ago, for a few hours, and while I was there my phone wouldn't pick up a signal. So I dropped in to a Meteor shop to ask them about it because I was leaving for France the next day. After enquiring, the guy said he would do it there and then, then said I was all set.

I'm in France now but my phone still won't pick up any signal. I have looked through the Meteor site but there is no contact number and no email address. I registered for their support forum to ask there but activation is only 9-5 :mad:

Does anyone have any advice as I need to get this sorted and I won't have time to sit around for the morning online waiting for a response.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

have you tried selecting a network manually?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Random wrote: »
    have you tried selecting a network manually?

Yes, it says that my Sim card doesn't allow a connection to that network.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Get a friend or family membet to call 1905 and enquire, give them your meteor pin. Thereopen until 12 you can still get them tonight, are you pay as you go, did you give a deposit and fill out a direct debit mandate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Get a friend or family membet to call 1905 and enquire, give them your meteor pin. Thereopen until 12 you can still get them tonight, are you pay as you go, did you give a deposit and fill out a direct debit mandate ?

It's a bill pay, I'll hopefully get someone to call them for me, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Are you with them long? They may be after a deposit if your only with them a few months, if not they just need to activate it. Have you a number they can call you on, give that to who ever calls them now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

If you have trouble with someone calling on your behalf as they may be refused access to your account you can call them from a payphone or landline 00 353 1 4307085.

Advertisement