Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Busking in belfast

Options
  • 08-09-2010 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I just moved to belfast reciently and i'm wonderin where would be a good place to busk. If anyone has any ideas i'm very much open to suggestion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Moved to Belfast City.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

darnhey wrote: »
    I just moved to belfast reciently and i'm wonderin where would be a good place to busk. If anyone has any ideas i'm very much open to suggestion.

A what?:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 neilk

There aren't that many buskers about town as far as I'm aware. There aren't any specific issues with it either. There is a festival which centres on the Cathedral Quarter which includes various street performers, but I'm not sure what kind of footfall you'd get there on a regular day.

Your best bet might be to have a walk around the shops and find somewhere you'll encounter lots of shoppers. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

owenc wrote: »
    A what?:confused::confused:

To busk Owen. You know, buskers, musicians who play on the street and usually for money? They have them throughout the UK and Ireland, NI included.

I would suggest that if you don't understand what someone means, Google is your friend. Otherwise boardsies might think you're being unhelpful on purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

OP there's usually some buskers at the entrance to Victoria Square by BHS. I don't know if they're 'allowed' to be there but they usually are regardless :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I just hope you were not he bloke outside the old shoe shop near cornmarket yesterday cause yer man was bleedin awful

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I've seen them at Dunnes near Victoria Square and then some AWFUL buskers at the entrance to Victoria Square by Argos. That area would get good footfall, but busking doesn't seem to be that popular in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 darnhey

Bit late on this one, but thanks for the replies! I just bit the bullet and looked around for a good spot. That very well could have been me busking outside the old shoe shop, although i hope not. :/

Advertisement