Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washingmachine repairs?

• 08-09-2010 11:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭

Well guys!
    Washingmachine packed up there last night, the drum doesn't spin, I'm just looking for any info anyone here has on any good repairmen that ye know in Waterford?

Thanks in advance!
    Andy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Most likely one of 2 things;

1) the belt is gone
    2) brushes are gone in the motor

Try spin the drum, if it is really free check the belt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭ak51535

aright yeah, the sad thing is the washingmachine is all in one piece, theres no panel around the back to take off...it's very annoying, it's an zanussi of some description lol

The lid should come off. Normally there are 2 screws on the lid and it slides off then you should be able to look down. Otherwise, look up its arse and you will see if the belt is gone or not. That is more awkward

How free is the drum?

I never thought of the lid coming off! Thanks for that, I'll go downstairs in a bit and try that, if not i'll try look up it's arse!
    Thanks for that wellboy!

oh sorry the drum is quite free yeah!

• Advertisement

I'd say that is it, check under the machine and you should find shards of it. If that is the case, bring the model number to Wallaces in Arundel square or PM me and I can sort you

just realized I'm after leaving the screwdrivers in the shed, I'll do it first thing in the morning! Yeah will do thanks very much, really appreciate the help!

No bodder boi!

Advertisement