Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Documentary Pedigree Dogs Exposed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

Dont know if this has been talked about before, but it was extreamly intresting, and most of the bad guys in this are 'Reputable breeders'. If anyone has not seen this documentary then I urge you too, its horrible what breeding to the standard has done to the German Shepard.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=44215931

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O0l0f50AAk
    just spotted this thread now and im a bit suprised to be honist that nobody has replied to it. verry disturbing to watch looking at it makes me never want to get a king charles ever.these show dogs look nothing like the breed standard they are supposed to look like . BEING BREED TO DEATH IS AN UNDERSTATMENT someone has to step in and take control of this situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Was about to post that the BBc did a programme before about this,but clicked on the link to find it was A BBc docu,so ive seen it.Good docu.

i think everyone and anyone who cares for dogs should look at this and leave a comment. but yet nobody seems to be intrested.
    does the kc have the dogs best intrest at heart?
    do they promote the general improvement of dogs?
    are the kc s showdog requirements for what a dog should look like anything like what the breds looked like 130 tears ago??
    do top kc breeders have there dogs health and happiness as there priority??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

I watched this before, I think it was the same one, and found it really sad. :( Especially the parts about cavaliers (if this was the same documentary) because I have cavaliers . . . how that one breeder was breeding from her dog even though it had syringomyelia :mad: :(

And it was weird how the show dogs looked so different from pet dogs, the cavaliers heads, the german shepherds especially . . .

morganafay wrote: »
    I watched this before, I think it was the same one, and found it really sad. :( Especially the parts about cavaliers (if this was the same documentary) because I have cavaliers . . . how that one breeder was breeding from her dog even though it had syringomyelia :mad: :(

And it was weird how the show dogs looked so different from pet dogs, the cavaliers heads, the german shepherds especially . . .

yeah the shep was in bits i feel so sorry for these show dogs and the pug that could hardly walk??????? dog lovers my arse .its no life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

pokertalk wrote: »
    i think everyone and anyone who cares for dogs should look at this and leave a comment. but yet nobody seems to be intrested.

If you use the search function you might find this documentary has been discussed at length in the past ;)

If you use the search function you might find this documentary has been discussed at length in the past ;)
    whats your point. topics get repeated alot

Advertisement