Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler House

• 09-09-2010 1:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭

Hi

A Client has bought a second hand boiler for one of his properties and wants me to install it. Not a problem, except for the fact that its an internal boiler, and it needs a boiler house.

Before I get down to it, I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a cheap and cheerful boiler house rather than going the road of bricks and mortar building a house for it

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

how about one of those wooden garden sheds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I'd be concerned about it being a fire hazard with the flue out the side of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Hi

A Client has bought a second hand boiler for one of his properties and wants me to install it. Not a problem, except for the fact that its an internal boiler, and it needs a boiler house.

Before I get down to it, I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a cheap and cheerful boiler house rather than going the road of bricks and mortar building a house for it

I can't imagine the boiler is that big. Could you attach to an external wall and fit a hinged galvinised box around it? I can't imagine it would cost a whole lot to get a sheetmetal shop to knock one up. Less than time & materials to build a block structure in any case.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

I'd be concerned about it being a fire hazard with the flue out the side of it
    The one i seen the fitter had got a large insulated flue and fitted it through the wall,the boiler flue went out through this and was stayed off the wall by about 4 inches all the way up.By the way it was a pellet boiler with a hopper that was in the shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭leex

Beware burst pipes or boiler in winter if an indoor boiler is used outdoors and not insulated properly.

• Advertisement

To save yourself grief down the road try ringing the manufactures tech line and see what their minimum requirements are, also if it's a second hand gas boiler i wouldn't touch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I don't deal with gas at all. Oil only.

I think i've managed to get an outdoor one though, lucky me

Advertisement