Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please-Flue connection to stove

• 09-09-2010 1:56am
    Site Banned Posts: 344 ✭✭

hi Folks,

i want to connect up my new stove. I have not done this before but have been quoted 1700 to do it. Cannot afford that so will be doing it myself. This is my plan so far so please correct me and offer any advice.
    I will buy the liner and pull it down to the start of the clay flue opening at the bottom. These old clay flues are held in place by blocks at an angle.
    I will be using the back exit from the stove and will have about a 125 mm pipe out from the stove spigot. Then I need a 90 degree elbow bend on to this. Or perhaps I dont need the pipe at all an can just insert the 90 degree elbow bend into the stove spigot. The stove spigot will be about 200mm from the centre line of the flue?
    I can then pull the flixi liner directly down onto the upper opening of this elbow and seal all with fire cement. I will fill the opening between the liner an flue with rockwoll and fire cement.The fireplace will be bricked in and these bricks will also hold the horizontal pipe coming from the stove back.
    On the roof I will pour down vermicalite outside the liner to secure it and attach the cowl thing to the liner and clay flue.

How is this?
    Thanks a lot

Advertisement