Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The longest shot this forum has probably seen

Options
  • 09-09-2010 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭

As the title says i am not filled with hope but thought i would give it a try.

So a few years back there was a free classical cd with i *think* the sunday world. This cd contained the most moving performance of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata i have ever heard and i had a digital copy of the cd but it appears to have vanished from my hard drive.

I am nearly sure the cd cover was black and had a picture of a rose/roses possibly on a varnished wooden table, and it was one of the standard cardboard slips. Oh and to make it a little more difficult i have no idea who performed the movement :o

I have scoured the net trying to find this one performance or one even close to it and have failed

Come on boards amaze me by someone on here having this cd :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Doshea3

...I *think* my parents have this CD. I'll check it out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Doshea3 wrote: »
    ...I *think* my parents have this CD. I'll check it out. :)

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Doshea3

Was in my parents' house today and had a look. They seem to have about three other Ireland on Sunday/Sunday Times CDs but not the one with the rose on the front (with the 'Moonlight' on it). However, it must be floating around somewhere as my mother remembers having it and I remember putting it on at Christmas. Will let you know if it ever turns up. I have a sneaking suspicion the pianist may have been Daniel Barenboim, but to be honest I can't really remember clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Live at Three

Email the Sunday Times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Kiri

Hi, Did you ever locate a copy of that CD ? it was free in the Irl on Sunday track #4 .It was played by Jenó Jando.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

I have this CD if it's wanted. Weirdly enough it's probably the first recording of Moonlight Sonata I ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭petebricquette

Kiri wrote: »
    Hi, Did you ever locate a copy of that CD ? it was free in the Irl on Sunday track #4 .It was played by Jenó Jando.

If it was played by Jando then there's a very good chance you could get it from Naxos, GAAman. Try out http://www.naxosmusiclibrary.com. Useful enough and I think you can sign in as a guest.

Advertisement