Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish classes/conversation in Tralee

Options
  • 09-09-2010 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any Irish classes in town other than the one offered by KES? I think my Irish is a little advanced for that. I know Gealchultur do classes at the Dromtaker Campus, but these are pretty expensive.

I basically want to improve my cupla focail (and maybe even learn how to type fadas :confused:), and broaden my social circle; so something pretty informal would be ideal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

the iT in Tralee wer advertising a couses last week. it was an evening course but i dont know when its starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Henwin wrote: »
    the iT in Tralee wer advertising a couses last week. it was an evening course but i dont know when its starting.

Many thanks, Henwin. I think that could be the gealchultur one bit I'll checK it out anyway.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cnau

If it's any help, I found out today that an Irish conversation group meets in Meadowlands hotel every Thursday at 8pm. Think it's mixed levels.

Thanks for that info, Cnau!:) I don't suppose you have any contact info for the group, do you? If you do, would you mind pming me, I'd most grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cnau

I don't, I rang the reception and got the info. I'm going this Thursday all going well, so I can let you know..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

the meadowlands have a group on a thurdsay evening

• Registered Users Posts: 59,602 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

and maybe even learn how to type fadas

I can help you with that bit but not with the main part of your request :)

To type á or í etc on a Windows keyboard (don't know about Mac), press and hold the CTRL key + ALT key + ' key, release them and then type your letter.

I can help you with that bit but not with the main part of your request :)

To type á or í etc on a Windows keyboard (don't know about Mac), press and hold the CTRL key + ALT key + ' key, release them and then type your letter.
    Go raibh maith agat!;)

Advertisement