Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ahhhh

• 09-09-2010 3:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭

Look, I constantly check in on this page, I continually see pages of young lads complaining about how much they pay for insurance. These same lads tend to have little or no experience. And bitch about costs while looking for fast cars they cannot handle.

I had the pleasure of recently reading about a lad complaining at 17 that his insurance was costing 1700. IMO the lucky **** head.

I'm just here to say, this is for a reason. I ****-tily had to pay 2k for insurance per year for my starting cost not including cost of car etc and i was 20 with a full liscence.

Basic deal is, us guys have a bad track record compared to girls.

Accordingly, we pay more. We moan but we do nothing about it. We still speed or piss about and crash thus proving the RSA's point.

Guys if you want to complain set an example. This is not aimed at those who are excellent drivers but rather those who lack. Those who give us that bad name we still cannot get rid of.

We can blame everyone else or be **** heads, simple facts is, if we took it easier we would not crash as much.

Guys and girls slow down take it easy and enjoy your driving. Get there safe.

As i Repeated earlier, there are many guys sho drive brilliantly as there are girls, but on the whole guys seem to be that bit more cocky? or arrogant or whatever, but esentially we drive fast and need to slow down.

guys and girls slow down and enjoy your driving and please do not be a risk.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭Esel

muboop1 wrote: »
    I **** too fast and need to slow down.
    FYP

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

I have 10 years of car ownership.

My first year of car ownership at the age of 20 cost me 6600 euro for insurance alone. TPF&T only.

10 years, 3 cars and 2 motorbikes onwards I have yet to have any claim whatsoever.

I remember at the time people like you scoffing about young people's driving etc. I dont get your point. My question to you is this: How can I make everyone else slow down/not crash/not claim?

Discrimination is discrimination, whether it's legal or not. There is nothing I could have done to be treated equally with either a female driver or an older driver. Nothing.

It is taking all of my restraint to not scream insults at you. I can only assume you are a troll. If not that then an arrogant, preaching, self-righteous ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I have 10 years of car ownership.

My first year of car ownership at the age of 20 cost me 4100 euro for insurance alone. TPF&T only.

10 years, 3 cars and 1 scooter onwards I have yet to have any claim whatsoever. But now I feel road tax is extortionate, not insurance.

Paying high insurance goes part and parcel with being young and driving. We all did this and everyone should expect this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Who cares, pointless thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Delete this ****e before it gets out of hand!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

If you want to have a bitch and a moan, i suggest you take it somewhere else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement