Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Savages coming to a neighbourhood near you soon

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Take some deep breaths and relax. Stop giving out about Limerick and portraying it as Afghanistan. If someone is threatening you go to the guards and make a complaint. Write to the council and copy it to the papers. Crying on boards isnt going to change anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭anti_c

hi kilburn i went to the guards "100 times they done nothing. i sent over 50 letters to limerick city council they made fun" of us kilburn it was horrific and i went to every politicians in limerick city . they done nothing too. help' a bus lane is more important to this city politicians" 20 families"mean nothing kilburn.if it happend to you" kilburn what would you do thank you kilburn:?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Deacon

Kilburn, no **** sherlock. I am begining to think your a real bright spark. Is that the best response you have. If you are going to be disrespectful to every post that is displayed, why even bother respond. Anti _C obviously seems in distress from the way he/she was treated. If you actually took the time out to read some of his/her postings on this thread then you would see that he/she went to the gaurds and nothing has been done about it.

Anti_C , did you contact the minister of Injustice about your current circumstance? Has the family responsible for your current circumstances harassed you anymore since you left? I have spoken with three different families who have left the area in the past two years, have seen their neighbour from hell parked up outside their new home with tilted windows carrying irreputable thugs in the back of the car. How scary must it be for these families? As if they have not been put through hell already.

The family in question of all this controversy have actually did more damage to the reputation of Limerick City, than the feuding families that are willing to take life at a whim. Despite what our friend Kilburn suggests, I do not think we should stay quiet about this. Even if it is in a thread at Boards, it is still very important to talk about such things. It brings awareness to people and tells a story.

Deacon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭mike kelly

who exactly are the thugs in Fairview Crescent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

I agree with Deacon and Anti C (having gone through something similiar) and not having anyone to listen or take action.
    Door after door is slammed in your face and you are actually left helpless against these thugs.

I am still not out of the firing range of the HSE/Council as the "terror" house will be free again at the end of the month so god knows who will be put into it & start the reign of intimidation/anti social behaviour again.

I really don't think people can truely understand the pain and tormoil caused by these thugs until they are on your door step.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

They sound more like a terrorist organisation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭AOwannabe

From today's Limerick Post

http://www.limerickpost.ie/index.php/navigation-mainmenu-30/local-news/2251-tougher-legislation-on-anti-social-activity.html
    CURRENTLY nearing completion is a new antisocial behaviour strategy that Limerick City Council is preparing to adopt in the near future.
    Members of the city council’s Housing Committee have been notified by City Hall’s director of services, Kieran Lehane, that a draft strategy will shortly be available. “It is my intention to consult with the groups who make submissions, in particular, the Limerick Regeneration Agency, as well as our legal advisors in the next two to three weeks,” he said.
    “When this consultation process has been completed, I will hold a special meeting of the Social Policy and Housing Committee to discuss the strategy and to make a recommendation for its adoption to the council’.
    Referring to the recent establishment of a free phone Anti Social Behaviour Complaint Line - 1800 283 064, Mr Lehane said that since it was launched in May, a total of 115 complaints had been received to mid August.
    “These complaints have all been investigated and have been resolved or are being resolved, in so far as the legislation available to the council allows”.
    The city council is required to adopt an Anti Social Behaviour Strategy by November 30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

AOwannabe wrote: »

Will be interesting considering there have been no ASBO's issued in Ireland.

hi "nick drake no asbo"s issued in ireland ? why not :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

I wonder if the Anti social hotline is for Council tenants only as if so then what about the HSE anti social thugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

One solution is that its now legal to shoot them in your own Home.

- Just borrow a shotgun and leave the curtains open in whatever Room your 47" TV is in.

hi millie you are 100 per cent rite"for a hse hotline anti_social "thugs this low lifes should live in a "TESCO TROLLEY" and walk the streets of shame they are "vermen"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

anti_c wrote: »

Courts are very reluctant to issue them. A person has to get a behavioural warning first. Should this be broken an ASBO is applied for.

There is some conflicting evidence as to their usefullness.

I cannot see any been issued to juveniles in the future.

Regarding adults, it is hard to see. The Gardai seem more interested in using public order offences legislation instead.

Therefore I am wondering what the council is trying to achieve with this anti-social behaviour programme when there have been no ASBOs issued in the country. Behavioural warnings may be somewhat affective in theory.

Interesting to see what happens here.

Was in Xtravision last night at about half nine and two little gougers started punching the windows. When I came out, one of them was complaining that he thought he had broken his hand, f***** dope

limerick city council "following an investigation into the 20 families cases" by our tenacy enforcement official in 2010 and pursuant to several meetings with the "20 families driving out. of there homes by alleged anti_social tenants allocation officer limerick city council could not determine fully if there was any breach in conditions of the tenancy. since their departures from the 20 "families homes at fairview crestent garryowen the 20 houses have been re _let and we have not received any complaints from the new 20 tenants at the propertys".the council could not induditably substantite the allegations or complaints in question. "AS NOTED PREVIOUSLY there have been substantial intervening periods where neither of the 20 families"who where hounded out of there home"s and made homeless had cause to complain the 20 families"had also lived at there 20 address for a period of time before we received any complaints, LIMERICK CITY COUNCIL" COULD NOT DETERMINE FULLY" THAT ANTI-SOCIALBEHAVIOUR EVER HAPPEND IN FAIRVIEW CRESTENT GARRYOWEN:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

kilburn wrote: »
    Was in Xtravision last night at about half nine and two little gougers started punching the windows. When I came out, one of them was complaining that he thought he had broken his hand, f***** dope

... Your point being?

hi millie you are 100 per cent rite"for a hse hotline anti_social "thugs this low lifes should live in a "TESCO TROLLEY" and walk the streets of shame they are "vermen"
    limerick city council "following an investigation into the 20 cases" by our tenacy enforcement official in 2010 and pursuant to several meetings with the "20 families driving neigbours out. by allocation officer limerick city council could not determine fully if there was any breach in conditions of the tenancy. since their departures from the 20 "families homes at fairview crestent garryowen the 20 houses have been re _let and we have not received any complaints from the new 20 tenants at the propertys".the council could not induditably substantite the allegations or complaints in question. "AS NOTED PREVIOUSLY there have been substantial intervening periods where neither of the 20 families"who where hounded out of there home"s and made homeless had cause to complaints the 20 families"had also lived at there 20 address for a period of time before we received any complaints,

I'm finding it very hard to find out what you're saying here.

hi ciaran that is thats a report from the council and responded as follows: on my last post

:pac:?

• Advertisement

CiaranMT wrote: »
    ... Your point being?

its fairly obvious, he was punching windows and broke his hand, it never dawned on him that he could break his hand

i wish i could help you more ciaran mt

kilburn wrote: »
    its fairly obvious, he was punching windows and broke his hand, it never dawned on him that he could break his hand

I still don't see your point in mentioning this admittedly humorous incident..

Thank you for your contribution to this thread Ciaran MT

Deacon wrote: »

Double post

Deacon

What?

CMT , in Limerick we forgive Double posting, especially when it is done unintentionally.
    What do you think of the Carry on's in the Limerick Estates?
    Now that your located in clare. I am interested to hear your perspective.
    Please be discriptive in your response.

Deacon

• Advertisement

ciaran mt i am i am interested to know what do you think fairview crestent garryowen its just 9 years old and already a "GHETTO" residents living in fear and intimidation and violence living on estate of fear "the council has received 1000 complaints and done nothing" THE VIRUS HAS SPREAD THE "EVIL" THUGS OF FAIRVIEW CRESTENT GARRYOWEN. own the estate you will not be able to walk the streets of limerick with this gang of thugs in the near "future" the "PYJAMA WOMEN . screaming we run limerick city . not the law

ciaran mt i am i am interested to know what do you think fairview crestent garryowen its just 9 years old and already a "GHETTO" residents living in fear and intimidation and violence living on estate of fear "the council has received 1000 complaints and done nothing" THE VIRUS HAS SPREAD THE "EVIL" THUGS OF FAIRVIEW CRESTENT GARRYOWEN. own the estate you will not be able to walk the streets of limerick with this gang of thugs in the near "future" the "PYJAMA WOMEN . screaming we run limerick city . not the law
    limerick city this is what is coming to us very soon BY FAR THE WORST FAMILIES IN IRELAND and maybe the "world.

Deacon wrote: »
    CMT , in Limerick we forgive Double posting, especially when it is done unintentionally.
    What do you think of the Carry on's in the Limerick Estates?
    Now that your located in clare. I am interested to hear your perspective.
    Please be discriptive in your response.

Deacon

I'm actually currently in Canada :P

I don't have anything to add to the debate, I'm not a local. All I can say is that anyone I know and am friends with from Moyross, Southill, Garryowen, the Island, Rhebogue, etc, are absolutely dead-on, and would represent the majority in those places. I only responded to your post above cos I thought I was being spammed, excuse me :o

As far as sorting out the issue of anti-social behaviour goes, I don't think there's any easy answer. You can kick out the disruptive tenants, but then where do they go? If you take the kids off the parents and put them with foster families and the like, are you infringing on human rights? I know this notion is laughable to those who are being terrorised in the estates by those few causing no end of problems... But at the end of the day, they are still people.

I just think that there's no quick fix. This kind of problem has so many contributing factors, going back decades, that it's going to take an awful long time to put things right. Whether the will is there or not remains to be seen. Especially with the current crowd in Limerick City Council.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

And on that note, I think this thread has reached its only possible reasonable conclusion.
    There's a level of hyperbole in this thread that is making constructive discussion impossible.

I'll respond to PM queries about this tomorrow if I get any.
    Thread locked.

edit: I've reviewed this thread and it will be staying closed. Having spoken to a few posters via Private Messages, I've given the all-clear for a new thread to be started for discussion of Fairview Crescent. The new thread should be opened in the next few days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement