Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dennehy's Cross apartments - flooding!!

Options
  • 09-09-2010 7:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

I have enrolled in a one year course at UCC and am about to move into one of the Orchard Gardens (Dennehy's Cross) Apartments. I realise it is a bit late in the day, however in case I'm on the ground floor does anyone know if these apartments were impacted by the floods of 2009/2010?

I know the Dennehy's Cross area was flooded but I am wondering about the actual apartments.

Please advise if you can!

All the best

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

No they werent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

If its Orchard court, yes they were. The one with the red brick. The ones on the right hand side after coming through the gate and approaching the carpark were the worst hit. The others are on slightly higher ground but it still did a fair amount of damage. That said, i know someone living there for about 12 yrs or so (after they were built) and it was the only time they saw flooding. Don't let it put you off as most student accom in the area was also hit.
    7orch_m.jpg?v=1
    This the one?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

Ochard Gardens and Orchard Court are two differnt apartment blocks. Orchard Court was affected by the flooding, Orchard Gardens is on higher ground and was not affected by the flooding

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

Many thanks for that. Of course that's not any cause for complacency as it could have been even worse than the disaster that unfolded in the end. Let's hope for the best this year and that if Mother Nature turns nasty the ESB, Council or whoever refuses to take the blame for last year’s events will have learned some lessons.

Yes, I'm trying not to be cynical about these things for a change. However, I shall bring my inflatable arm bands just in case!

Thanks again for all the replies.

Advertisement