Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American table vs British 8-Ball table.

• 09-09-2010 8:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,

I'm currently living out in Asia and as you can expect all the pool tables are the American version. Well except of course the carom billiard tables which are far far more popular than pool out here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carom_billiards

So when I first came over here I was used to the 8-ball tables we have at home in bars, yellows and reds, smaller table, etc.

Now after a few years here I've got very used to the American style. So a few months ago I went home and played on a British style table and to be quite frank I played utter ****e.

I honestly didn't realise how different it was especially for any bank shots, I could barely make any.

Can anyone explain simply what the major differences are ? Do the angles on banking work completely different ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

I know what you are saying, I did the whole Australia thing and it's the same over there, I got used to the american tables...but also played a lot of snooker in the RSL clubs.

The cloth and bed on the american is much faster, I found it easy as the pockets are huge, just hit the ball plain and most times will fly into the pockets

Advertisement