Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Issues

Options
  • 09-09-2010 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in but I couldn't see any kind of plumbing forum listed.

The setup I currently have at home is that the water is heated from a standard emmersion. There's a trinitron water pump connected to our taps as the water pressure is fairly crap...

The emmersion and water tank are on the same level as our apartment so once the shower hose is fully extended we get no water without running the pump.

I got up at 6:30am this morning to put on the emmersion to have a shower before heading to work...

When I went into the shower at 7am it was unusually hot. I couldn't adjust the temerature at all so I turned off the pump thinking that it was overheating.

To my surprise the cold and hot taps were both dispensing excrutiatingly hot water.

I immediately turned off the emmersion thinking that the thermostat may be fooked...

Tried the cold tap in the bathroom and that was scalding hot too but the kitchen's taps were fine.

Anybody any ideas as to what the possible cause could be?

Comments

Advertisement