Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need new headset for BF - €90 budget

Options
  • 09-09-2010 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

Need new heaset for gaming.

Looking at some headsets cause the one causes serious cracking of the mic, need to upgrade.

Preferably USB, 5.1 or 7.1, with microphone build in.

thanks in advance
    Neuro

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive used quite a few headsets over the years , Sennheiser i find make the best ones.
    I recommend something from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dcully wrote: »
    Ive used quite a few headsets over the years , Sennheiser i find make the best ones.
    I recommend something from them.
    Using a "Sennheiser SK Gaming" headset myself, mic included on it. Think it's a PC-160.

Looked at Dabs.ie, an found a "Sennheiser PC166 Digital USB PC Headset" http://www.dabs.ie/products/sennheiser-pc166-digital-usb-pc-headset-4ZTP.html which looks fairly like my one. There's a padded foam bit, with a hole in the middle. Comfy. Find the volume contol & mic mute button on mine handy, and it looks like there's on on the PC166 as well. See this picture to see what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

I've just ordered these X11 Turtlebeaches from amazon €51 including delivery, reviews have said there great headsets even better that the next model in their range, and there withinn your budget and work with PC, Xbox360 and PS3.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Force-Amplified-Stereo-Headset-Chat-Mac/dp/B003A7HHKG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

up your budget a little and get these
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1055350/art/sennheiser/pc-350-gaming-headset.html

I went through a tonne of headsets through the years and these are by far the best for the price, great sound and the cup doesn't touch the ear so you can wear them for hours and hours with no discomfort and sound is superb,
    also the lads on vent say the mic is crystal clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well what did you end up getting????

I have a pair of Sennheiser PC360 and they are the mutts nutts....tad pricey but brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Splashed out and bought Logitechs, G35's to be precise. I think they were €120 with 10% discount in Peats. Amazon didnt have them in stock, and I'm not one for waiting around.

Seamless software connection with USB, bass is nice and clear and loud. Very comfortable on the head too, although a little heavy.

Nice!!!

They do look a tad blocky and heavy....and I am not convinced with the 7.1 surround. But they look the part....;)

I got a set of G35s too recently, insane sound quality and the 7.1 is just incredible.

Was looking into picking these up TBH, and the reviews are luke warm especially in relation the the 7.1 surround. They look cool, but no point in getting them when they dont improve on what I have.

Nice Cans all the same.....I suppose all that voice changing malarky will go down well when playing WOW ;)

http://lifestyle.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=17342&page=5

Ignore the reviews,most are overly fussy and copmplain about things a gamer will never even notice tbh.
    I went from a high end set of Sennheisers to the G35 and the difference in quality is huge.
    Thats mighty impressive considering how good Sennheisers are.
    If you want my opinion, get them, they are simply incredible,personally ive never heard anything like them before.
    Seriously wtf is that reviewer on about saying volume range is limited, you get whisper quiet all the way up to something that is very likely to make you deaf after prolonged use.
    Put these on and game with volume even set to low and you will hear nothing thats not part of the game.
    Fantastic headset, cant recommend them enough.

PS ive owned headsets from Plantronics,Creative,Sennheiser and Sony, the G35s are in a league of their own imo.

• Advertisement

Hmm, might pick up a set if I come across them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Well i got a G15 keyboard, and a G9 mouse so those ear phones look mighty nice. Pity my USB has stopped working and I'm using a ps2 keyboard and 2 euro ball mouse lol.
    So first thing is either a new mobo or a pci/usb adapter, then maybe for xmas I can take a look at those earphones. They certainly look the biz!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Laserhead

Creative Fatality
    An absolutely excellent headset for under 40e. Been using it for two years, very comfy (though they get a bit uncomfortable after a few hours, as you'd expect).
    The mic is about average, does the job perfectly for gaming.

The sound quality though is just fantastic, really good bass tones made playing BC2 an amazing experience just for the explosions. There are better quality headphones out there if you're hell bent on splashing out, but at this price it bloody fantastic value.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Absolute bargain @ that price.

Advertisement