Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland football this weekend, 10-13 Sep 2010

• 09-09-2010 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Premier Division
    Friday, 10 Sep 2010
    St. Patrick's Athletic 19:35 Shamrock Rovers
    Bohemian FC 19:45 U.C.D.
    Bray Wanderers 19:45 Galway United
    Sligo Rovers 19:45 Sporting Fingal
    Drogheda United 19:45 Dundalk

Monday, 13 Sep 2010
    Bohemian FC 19:45 Drogheda United
    Dundalk 19:45 Shamrock Rovers
    Galway United 19:45 Sligo Rovers
    Sporting Fingal 19:45 Bray Wanderers
    U.C.D. 19:45 St. Patrick's Athletic

First Division
    Friday, 10 Sep 2010
    Cork City 19:45 Mervue United
    Derry City 19:45 Athlone Town
    Finn Harps 20:00 Limerick
    Wexford Youths 20:00 Monaghan United

Saturday, 11 Sep 2010
    Salthill Devon 19:00 Waterford United
    Longford Town 19:30 Shelbourne

Monday, 13 Sep 2010
    Monaghan United 20:00 Athlone Town

Hoping for a few goals at the Cross tomorrow night!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Monaghan two games in 3 days? Lovely!

As for Shels, very nervous about the Longford match, I'm going to go with a very optimistic 3-1 win. One thing is certain, it will be raining as usual down there so hopefully they allow us in the stand this time again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

Cork City are wearing red tomorrow night as a show of support to the Cork Footballers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Cork City are wearing red tomorrow night as a show of support to the Cork Footballers..

That's a strange post. I thought Cork City were footballers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

That's a strange post. I thought Cork City were footballers.

Not strange at all...posted it in a soccer forum....not a football forum...in a county like Cork when we play so many sports it needs to be stated football is the GAA type...soccer is the Assocaition type...the blood and bandage is alive and well in all codes

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

Hoping Shels can push on from last week and get the win in Longford, it'll either be another high scoring game or another heartbreaking 1-1. :(

• Advertisement

sd08 wrote: »
    Hoping Shels can push on from last week and get the win in Longford, it'll either be another high scoring game or another heartbreaking 1-1. :(

No doubt it will be the latter :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

City 2 - 1 Mervue
    Derry 2 - 2 Athlone
    Finn Harps 1 - 1 Limerick
    Wexford 1 - 4 Monaghan

We should've hammered Mervue, we created plenty of chances. The officials played their part, bad offside decisions against us, two peno appeals turned down (Duggan got his second yellow for being brought to the ground inside the box :rolleyes:), soft yellows. The win was never in doubt.

Mons are only two points behind Derry now :eek:

Big game for Shels tomorrow night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Truly shocking 2nd half performance by the Youths V Monaghan tonight. Mons are a good side but we let ourselves down badly. A defeat is part of football but the nature of this one hurts deeply.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

Salthill 1-1 Waterford

Longford 1-2 Shels

Great final 5 minutes in both games.:D

Only 2 points off the play-offs now after Waterford and Limerick drawing.:)

One of the worse games of football I think I've watched ever tonight, but do I care? Damn right I don't!

Hopefully Deano and Gillers injuries aren't too bad, can't see Leech being back soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Hopefully Deano and Gillers injuries aren't too bad, can't see Leech being back soon.

Dislocated shoulder or something for Leech was it?

frantic190 wrote: »
    Dislocated shoulder or something for Leech was it?

Yup, happened when he was celebrating, ended up being taken away in the order of malta ambulance.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Game on :D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Game on :D

I think Bohs couldnt have hoped for a better night than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Curb stomped Pats in the second half. Easily the most enjoyable half of football I've watched all year. I'd love to bottle whatever Russell said to the players at half time and sell it - I'd make a fortune! Great strike for the equaliser, and played some flat out scintillating football at times. :)

Pats were very brittle. They were gifted a foothold in the game from the numerous times we conceded possession sloppily in our own half and failed to push on and take control of the game. And when we stormed out of the blocks from the restart they had no answer. They were second to everything for long stretches in the second period and made numerous poor decisions with the ball.

Very happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Last 6 league games W1 D2 L3 F9 A12 Pts5/18

We are quite **** atm, just cant defend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I think Bohs couldnt have hoped for a better night than that.

Unless they won, we lost and a fairy godmother mislaid a sack of 6 million quid in used banknotes outside the Phibsboro Eddie Rockets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

dreamers75 wrote: »
    We are quite **** atm, just cant defend.

Well, a big positive was your fans. Even when ye went 3 - 1 down your fans still roared every even half positive thing your team managed, and the lad with the drum (and the other bell or triangle or whatever - it's cool) kept going. I would have had a tough time stomaching some of the football ye played, and was very impressed with your support in those circumstances.

Probably scant consolation, but something to be cheerful about imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Monaghan two games in 3 days? Lovely!

Lovely 6 points in the bag
    :D

Advertisement