Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rich Cronin of boyband LFO dies

Options
  • 09-09-2010 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 86,861 ✭✭✭✭

http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/09/08/lfo-lead-singer-rich-cronin-dies/
    Rich Cronin, the lead singer and founder of the late-1990s boy band LFO, has passed away after a long battle with leukemia, according to reports from TMZ and E! News. He was 35. LFO, or the Lyte Funky Ones, were best known for the 1999 beach-y hit “Summer Girls,” which included the renown of-the-moment lyric penned by Cronin, “I like girls that wear Abercrombie & Fitch.” The video for their follow-up, “Girls on TV,” featured Cronin’s then-girlfriend Jennifer Love Hewitt. The band split in 2002. In 2005, Cronin was diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia. Two years later, his cancer in remission, Cronin — along with former boy banders Jeff Timmons (of 98 Degrees), Bryan Abrams (of Color Me Badd), and Chris Kirkpatrick (of ’N Sync) — starred in the VH1 reality series Mission: Man Band, about the quartet’s struggle to start up a new band.
    Kirkpatrick updated his Facebook profile today with the message “RIP to a great friend Rich C.” Lance Bass also posted to Twitter with the message, ”Sad sad day that Rich Cronin died – was an amazing guy.”
    In 2006, Cronin, looking back on his career, told EW, “I am truly thankful for the success I had. And if it happens again, that’d be really nice. I’m just that same guy writing pop songs to make people happy. And I still only like girls in Abercrombie & Fitch.”

RIP :(

lfo.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Which one is he? I presume it's the one with the bandana.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,861 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Nailz wrote: »
    Which one is he? I presume it's the one with the bandana.

The blonde middle guy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

It was a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Sad news, but I don't understand why you've copied/pasted a newstory and added an emoticon underneath, that's not really a "discussion" is it?

My opinion: LFO sucked, cancer sucks.

Advertisement