Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a PLC course that i want to do but can't need help?

Options
  • 09-09-2010 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

:( Hi guys

I got a letter today for my new course starting next thursday for Television and film production, i'm over the moon. But sadly i also got a letter from the social welfare saying i won't get acceptted for BTEA until i get a social welfare payment(i've been waiting two months for a answer for the social welfare payment). Plus i got a letter saying i need to pay 26:50 for books for the year which is really pushing my luck in the funds.

After that payment i pretty much have enough money for a weeks bus fare then i'm broke. I can't get money of the folks cause i owe them for rent. i'm down in the dumps cause i feel like its a no go really.

anyone have any advice for me please i would be grateful

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If your PLC course is in a VEC college, they will have a staff member who can advise you. Talk to your co-ordinator.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Have you gone to the Community Welfare Officer at your local HSE office to ask for payments to tide you over until your Social Welfare payments come through? If you have, and are already receiving those payments, you could also approach the CWO for an exceptional needs payment for books until your BTEA comes through and then repay. If your parents need rent from you because they are working but low-waged, them possibly they could apply for Family Income Supplement. Congratulations on getting the course you wanted and do everything you can to follow through with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

Balagan wrote: »
    Have you gone to the Community Welfare Officer at your local HSE office to ask for payments to tide you over until your Social Welfare payments come through? If you have, and are already receiving those payments, you could also approach the CWO for an exceptional needs payment for books until your BTEA comes through and then repay. If your parents need rent from you because they are working but low-waged, them possibly they could apply for Family Income Supplement. Congratulations on getting the course you wanted and do everything you can to follow through with it.

I didn't know know i could do that Balagan. The parents are grand its just they moan at me for my rent seen as i haven't paid it in two months(The social welfare mislaid my Forms i sent in and i signed it out again two weeks ago) so thats the reason i can't be accepted to the BTEA right now. I will go up tomorrow to the social welfare tomorrow to see when my social welfare claim will come through. thanks for the advice.

Advertisement