Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Amateur Combat Championships- Sept 19th. Card and spectator details

• 09-09-2010 10:56am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Here is the fight card for the IACC on September 19th. As always we've had some pull outs and we have still some spaces available on the card which I've detailed below. I'd like to get these guys a match up so please get in contact with me if you can fill the spaces.

Spectators
    Spectators are welcome. The cost of entry is €10 per adult and €5 for an under 18. Please bring ID if you look older than 18 or you'll be charged the full amount. Please also note that while you are permitted to bring your own refreshments on the day, alcohol won't be allowed. We had a great and very positive crowd last time out and it made for a fun day.

Andrius Juocaonis PMA vs Przemek Mucha IPMMA 77kg

Giudrius IPMMA V Andrius Sokolouskis Xtreme 84kg

Alan Thomas Fianna V Conor Hughes IPMMA 70kg

Marius Aleksandravicius Ferocity V Dave Hanny Primal 77kgs

Ray Smith Primal V Dean Fitzsimmons Xtreme 66kgs

Cillian Glynn Fianna V Dylan Mcauley IPMMA 58kgs

Andy White Primal V Davide Ianelli Fianna 66kgs

Garreth Chambers Fianna V Hugh Murray IPMMA 75kgs

Matthew Mullen Mas-F V Aleksandr Akimov Xtreme 77kgs

Darragh Hart Rush V Ryan Daly Fianna 70kgs

Stephen Moran IPMMA V Luke Tyrell Rush 63kg

Due to drop outs still looking for:
    Dylan Moore (teen) 70kg
    Eric Healy (teen) 57kg
    Adam Caffrey (teen) 57kg
    Luke Caffrey (teen) 53kg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭FunkBlaster87

Where is this being held?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Where is this being held?
    Ooops!

Sorry!

The event is being held in Informed Performance Gym, Ballyboggan Road Glasnevin D11.

First fight 1pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

What number bus goes out this way barry. Think ill head down and have a look at some of the up and comers. (Bus from town)

What number bus goes out this way barry. Think ill head down and have a look at some of the up and comers. (Bus from town)
    You can either get the Maynooth line to Broombridge Station or the 120 from Parnell Street. Both leave you within 5 mins walk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

You can either get the Maynooth line to Broombridge Station or the 120 from Parnell Street. Both leave you within 5 mins walk.
    Cool. Thanks. Will probably get the train.:D

• Advertisement

Hi all,

This is on this coming Sunday. I'm still looking for some replacements as per above plus a first timer at 77kgs.

If anyone has anyone please let me know.

Barry

One change to the fight card.

Andrius Juocaonis PMA vs James Murphy Xtreme 77kgs

This Sunday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

First fights at 2pm on Sunday :)

Sorry guys I made small mistake.

Here's the time schedule for Sunday afternoon:

12pm- Competitors arrive, medical checks, weigh ins

1.30pm- Doors Open for spectators

2pm- First fight

Sorry about any confusion caused.

Also one late addition to the card:
    Darragh Hart (Rush) versus Robert Eviston (IPMMA) 70kgs

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Just a reminder that this is one today. We have 11 great bouts lined up and it's great entertainment guaranteed, especially for the younger MMA fans out there who probably don't get to see many shows.

Doors open at 1.30pm and admission is just €5 for under 18s and €10 for adults. We should be finished at about 3.30pm or so so plenty of time for those Liverpool or Man Utd. fans among you to head off and catch the match too.

Hope to see you there!

Barry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Great set up today, saw some pretty good fights!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ah feck I didn't see this. Looks like a full card. Can I ask something idiotic, what level of experience are those amateurs? I'm loath to even ask but would they be in the "black belt" region? How many years have they been training or are they fairly new to fighting?

Hope it all went after all!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭NG-DOC

DeVore wrote: »
    Ah feck I didn't see this. Looks like a full card. Can I ask something idiotic, what level of experience are those amateurs? I'm loath to even ask but would they be in the "black belt" region? How many years have they been training or are they fairly new to fighting?

DeV.

If by black belt you mean BJJ black belt, no.

There is one irish BJJ black belt and his name is John Kavanagh.

DeVore wrote: »

DeV.
    The fighters today were anything from 15-25 years old, and were training anything from 3 months to 3 years. They were mostly first timers but some had 1 or 2 previous fights.

The "black belt" concept is outdated when it comes to competitive fighting. The idea that you have to be a black belt to be able to fight is a remnant of an archaic system. There were guys training 6 months there today who would handle most black belts from traditional systems of fighting. I'm not saying that to be controversial, it's just a fact that these kids spend their time boxing, wrestling, doing jiu jitsu and lifting weights while others spend their time worrying how best to tie their belts and what direction your eyes should go when you bow.

Some awesome kids in there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

The fighters today were anything from 15-25 years old, and were training anything from 3 months to 3 years. They were mostly first timers but some had 1 or 2 previous fights.

The "black belt" concept is outdated when it comes to competitive fighting. The idea that you have to be a black belt to be able to fight is a remnant of an archaic system. There were guys training 6 months there today who would handle most black belts from traditional systems of fighting. I'm not saying that to be controversial, it's just a fact that these kids spend their time boxing, wrestling, doing jiu jitsu and lifting weights while others spend their time worrying how best to tie their belts and what direction your eyes should go when you bow.

Some awesome kids in there today.

What was the general talent of the 15-16 yr olds? (15 myself)

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    What was the general talent of the 15-16 yr olds? (15 myself)
    Fantastic. I have 2 kids who I would regard as very good and they both were beaten by extremely technical opponents from Fianna Gym. Some of the matches were really excellent; no swinging wild, no head squeezing.

There's a great standard out there and with the teen division in the MMA League growing too there's a host of good kids getting lots of good experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

Fantastic. I have 2 kids who I would regard as very good and they both were beaten by extremely technical opponents from Fianna Gym. Some of the matches were really excellent; no swinging wild, no head squeezing.

There's a great standard out there and with the teen division in the MMA League growing too there's a host of good kids getting lots of good experience.

Thanks.Ill have to be careful so :) whens your next show?
    also,what were the rules?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Anyone got a full list of results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Had a great day, thanks for having us there barry..

plus i scored a takedown when i was not even fighting, go me!!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Actually your best ever takedown Paul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Performance Martial Arts

Very good show and very well run. Great atomosphere and a good crowd too. Some great talent there with the teens, look out for these guys in the future!!! Well done Barry and were looking forward to the next one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cillgly

hey thanks for putting on the event, it was a great day, enjoyed the fights over all and it was a great feeling to get into the ring myself,

when will the proformance of the day be announced? i nominate davide for his round 3 KO win.

also are rumours true about a december show? :D

oh and were the videos taken by your club go up on youtube?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

cillgly wrote: »
    when will the proformance of the day be announced? i nominate davide for his round 3 KO win.

I agree! Davide put on a brilliant performance against a teammate of mine. I was cornering Andy and I was tired just watching Davide's relentless pace. Quickest fighter I've seen and great technically.

Hard Luck to Andy though who put up a great fight and didnt stop fighting until the end.

Another great day by Barry, very well run again and a really cool day out:D

Informed Performance is a great gym with great guys, a really impressive set-up.

I agree! Davide put on a brilliant performance against a teammate of mine. I was cornering Andy and I was tired just watching Davide's relentless pace. Quickest fighter I've seen and great technically.

Hard Luck to Andy though who put up a great fight and didnt stop fighting until the end.

Another great day by Barry, very well run again and a really cool day out:D

Informed Performance is a great gym with great guys, a really impressive set-up.
    poor andy, he fought a great fight and had dav close with a few armbars, but its a crazy sport, he put on a great show, both the lads did...

unfortunatly its not on video... at least not from our camp.. battery :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 justindoyle

poor andy, he fought a great fight and had dav close with a few armbars, but its a crazy sport, he put on a great show, both the lads did...

unfortunatly its not on video... at least not from our camp.. battery :/
    hey i have the fight on video..i didn get the end of it due to the battery went dead.again it was a fast pace fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Yeah Andy had it recorded, I'll get him to put it up...although there may be a problem with the end of the fight.

Fianna Gym were very impressive I must say. And Alan Thomas who beat me at the last show looked very good too, much more well rounded and dominated Conor Hughes everywhere.

hey thanks for putting on the event, it was a great day, enjoyed the fights over all and it was a great feeling to get into the ring myself,

also are rumours true about a december show? :D

oh and were the videos taken by your club go up on youtube?
    The rumours are true but I may wait until the new year with all of the pro/am shows running in November and my own show in December 3rd that might be asking a bit much.

Also we don't have any video at all. I don't know how we managed it but not one of my guys brought their camera. Some people's families were there though so I'll ask around and you might get lucky.

• Advertisement

The rumours are true but I may wait until the new year with all of the pro/am shows running in November and my own show in December 3rd that might be asking a bit much.

ahh ok, well i hope youll have me back next year then :D,
    cillian

Advertisement