Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bluetooth pairing but not connecting - Froyo

• 09-09-2010 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

HTC desire rooted running Opendesire Official sense Froyo (i think, basically its the rom from how to..... thread)

have been having difficulty connecting to my car stereo bluetooth - KCA bt-100

says its paired but not connected and constantly looks for the passcode. Before i updated to froyo it would connect immediately upon switching on the car ignition and bluetooth on the phone. since, im having to go into settings, bluetooth settings, scan for devices, make device discoverable etc just to connect it which is a nuisance. even having to continually put the passcode is annoying.

having researched a bit on the net it appears to affect various android phones and various bluetooth devices, but have yet to find a definite solution. has anyone come across a solution or possibly a rom which is stable for bluetooth connection?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

My desire on official 2.1 and now 2.2 hooks up via bluetooth within seconds of getting into my car EVERY time. I only needed to set the passcode the once.:) Maybe it is your stereo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I find that every time I update a rom, even when I don't wipe the settings, I have to delete all my pairings and set them up from scratch again - not a huge big deal, I have only two but mildly annoying just the same. This happens for every rom I have used.
    I'm not familiar with your car kit, I use a Parrot one but is it capable of accessing the phone's address book? When you paired the first time after installing froyo, did you notice a request for permissions to access the phone book in the notification window? If so, and if you didn't accept it, this might be why it is constantly looking for re-pairing.
    You should also check your car kit manufacturer's website to see if there are any firmware updates you can apply, this might help the issue.
    My advice is to update the kit firmware, delete the pair on the car kit, delete the pair on the phone, set them both up from scratch and watch out for any permission prompts on the phone while doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

yeah its one of the kenwood add one units that allows u to upload your address book to the head unit. unfortunately a suspected cracked solder has meant ive no display on the head unit so cant see the menu to delete the phone from that.
    you're probably right though, i need to remove the pairing on both the head unit and phone and start with a new connection of both. as it happens i left the lights on and drained the battery by mistake recently, unfortunately this doesnt seem to have cleared the settings from the bluetooth unit.

Advertisement