Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small tattoo advice

Options
  • 09-09-2010 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Want your advice on a couple of new tattoo's I want

I want text on the side of both index fingers. I'll obviously have to pay the minimum €80 or whatever it is but I'm just wondering is it worth it or should I wait until I'm getting my other (bigger) tattoo later this year and ask them to throw in the other two little ones

Also, is it particularly sore to get it done on these spots?

Cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd say you could go either way TBH.

Just be aware that the ink probably won't hold there very well at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Just be aware that the ink probably won't hold there very well at all...

Yeah I'm thinking that with the amount of wear the hands / fingers recieve which is why I don't want to spend too much on it

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Not just that, but if you look at the side of your fingers, you'll see that the skin changes around half way down. That skin just doesn't hold the ink as well, sweats more than the rest of the hand skin, and as you said, gets more wear/tear/friction than the rest of your hand in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Tallon wrote: »

Also, is it particularly sore to get it done on these spots?

Remember back in school after P.E classes when there was always someone spraying lynx on people from close range and you get freezeburn?! Well thats what i found tattoing on the fingers felt like!

Advertisement