Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rampage 3 memory issues

Options
  • 09-09-2010 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Morning Guys, having a major issue which i know is common across a lot of x58 boards but here we go....

I have installed 1600mhz dominator memory (3x 2gb) but the bios and windows are only picking up 4088mb (which seems to be a strange figure)

cpu-z is picking up the proper 6gb. i have tried downclocking the memory to 800mhz and 1066mhz but to no avail. i have also reseated the cpu and also tried a different cpu and it also made no difference.

if anyone has had this issue and can help i'd bee mighty grateful.

i am using a 980x cpy by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

are they in the right slots and also are you running a 64 bit o/s

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Goresh

Yeah they are in the right slots and it doesnt pick up the memory in the bios so the os doesnt come into it. seems to be a common enough issue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

You've probably already tried it but have you updated BIOS?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 awedf

I think I know what might be wrong, is the ram installed in the first three slots leaving the last 3 empty? if so it could be because of the X58 tripple channel, the memory should be in slot 1,3,5 or 2,4,6

Advertisement