Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ninty 3DS hype? Where is it boards...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

preordered mine a while ago and Game rang me 8 or 9 times today, only thing i ever preordered in that store, anyone esle get called? i as asleep so missed them all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Nothing to add to this, other than i never heard of this thing and hate everything Nintendo, Can't actually say i ever enjoyed a Nintendo game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dylabaloo

/\/ollog wrote: »
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=drop+shipping&l=1
    You give the address of a company, and pay the company to receive and send the console to you. It's very expensive.
    No, don't think about impporting it! The 3DS is going to be region locked! Unless you plan on buying your 3DS games collection from America and America only. Also the Nintendo 3DS download store which contains old GBA and Game Boy colour games will be unusable by you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

KilOit wrote: »
    Nothing to add to this, other than i never heard of this thing and hate everything Nintendo, Can't actually say i ever enjoyed a Nintendo game.

That post is stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

KilOit wrote: »

You sir, are a tard and gaming has surpassed your idiotic mindset and forever wondering what gaming actually is, is something you will never experience...But you can always fallback on mw2 on whatever console you play it on..Go get that nuke... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Was in Game today and spotted a price tag of €269.99 for it, didn't bother to check if that included a game. Nintendo can fcuk right off with this one.

/Edit: Game in the Square Tallaght.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Dylabaloo wrote: »
    No, don't think about impporting it! The 3DS is going to be region locked! Unless you plan on buying your 3DS games collection from America and America only. Also the Nintendo 3DS download store which contains old GBA and Game Boy colour games will be unusable by you.

the US price works out around E180, thats nearly 3 games in the difference, makes total sense to me as I have a few mates over there who will be coming home soon enough after its launch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So you get a cheaper machine, cheaper games even with postage added on, a better selection of games and a much better online store. Where's the disadvantage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    So you get a cheaper machine, cheaper games even with postage added on, a better selection of games and a much better online store. Where's the disadvantage?

i suspect someone hasnt figured out how internet shopping works

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Nollog

US gets games earlier 9 times out of 10.
    I know the 3ds is region locked, but it's on a per-game basis (still assume every game will be locked).
    US games will be and always have been cheaper.
    Nintendo eShop will exist in the US also, and will have GBC/A games in that region too.

The only possible area of worry is since the eShop will use real currency, your credit card may not be accepted by the US eShop (as is the case for the DSi currently).
    You can solve this problem by buying Nintendo Point Cards currently (at about 3/4 the price as you can here), and the plans are to sell cards of certain values too, so you will be able to buy those for the eShop in the future also.

Personally, I'll get the gamegears pre-order if I can, even though they're still charging about 50 euro more simply to avoid troubling my friends in or visiting America.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I'd forgotten that Nintendo hate Europe even more than Sony do.
    Region locked? Huge price difference with the US?Gimped version of the download service?
    You can take your console Mr Iwata , and stick it where the sun don't shine...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Is everywhere accepting pre-orders yet?
    and if i put down a deposit...can i get that back if i change my mind?

also, is it generally possible (in gamestop/wherever) to pay a certain amount each week/etc?

Not "that" happy about 270 euro....seeing as it's 250 in other eu countries...but ah well....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I've been following the 3DS for quite some time, think it sounds fantastic but the software for the 'launch window' is pretty poor imo. It might inhibit me from getting one for a few months - the first three months of the DS this year have Ghost Trick, Inazuma Eleven and Pokemon Black/White, they all sound a lot more interesting than Pilotwings and Nintendogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I've been following the 3DS for quite some time, think it sounds fantastic but the software for the 'launch window' is pretty poor imo. It might inhibit me from getting one for a few months - the first three months of the DS this year have Ghost Trick, Inazuma Eleven and Pokemon Black/White, they all sound a lot more interesting than Pilotwings and Nintendogs

Just picked up Ghost Trick for €30 decent enough.Inazuma Eleven seems a totally bonkers concept i'm not going to buy that cause of all the 360/PS3 games I want.I am looking forward to Pokemon White & Okamiden though.Hoping that Ni No Kuni gets a western release too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

and if i put down a deposit...can i get that back if i change my mind?

You can get your deposit back with Gamestop once you have your receipt. Don't know about other shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CDH

Apparently the online store will be available from day one, Links awakening anyone?
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-21-3ds-estore-will-be-ready-on-day-one

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CDH wrote: »
    Apparently the online store will be available from day one, Links awakening anyone?
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-21-3ds-estore-will-be-ready-on-day-one

It will be drip fed to us so don't expect links awakening on launch or any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CDH

I wasn't really expecting it at launch, in fact I wouldn't be suprised if we got the store but no games at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I'd forgotten that Nintendo hate Europe even more than Sony do.
    Region locked? Huge price difference with the US?Gimped version of the download service?
    You can take your console Mr Iwata , and stick it where the sun don't shine...

Why, can someone tell me why Nintendo hate Europe? Do they hate the US as well? I dont think so, they are a company who want to make money so why would they hate everyone except their own region? bha ha!

They release what they think will sell well in each region. Its only hardcore gamers who are pissed at the region lock situation.
    People, stop getting your panty's in a twist and just enjoy what they have to offer over the next 5/6 years with the new system.

Also, I kinda forgot i started this topic lol, 20 odd pages in, great stuff! :D

I pre-ordered my 3DS with Game last week, looking forward to getting my system on launch day and maybe one game as the launch window is pretty crap but the next Q will have more to offer. Also there will be loads to do with the system besides games.

Zelda and Mario will be day1 D/l's for me from the Eshop which will be live on launch day :cool:
    I wonder what price the GB/C games will be. Anyone think €3 per Gameboy/Colour game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

They release what they think will sell well in each region. Its only hardcore gamers who are pissed at the region lock situation.

Hardcore? hardly, just anyone with half a brain who can check the US/Jap pricing and see how much we're being fleeced.
    I'll pick one up second hand in a few years ,maybe, for the collection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Not to mention the fact that region locking stops us getting to play a lot of good games, and no region locking means that if you go abroad with a handheld, you can pick up games to play while you're away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Zelda and Mario will be day1 D/l's for me from the Eshop which will be live on launch day :cool:
    I wonder what price the GB/C games will be. Anyone think €3 per Gameboy/Colour game?

Nintendo confirmed that the web browser, 3D movie capability and download shop will not be available at launch. They said they will come as a download shortly after launch.

Hardcore? hardly, just anyone with half a brain who can check the US/Jap pricing and see how much we're being fleeced.
    I'll pick one up second hand in a few years ,maybe, for the collection.

Yeah thats the way to think! Get a US/JAP one in a few years on the cheap and you'll have a good backlog of games to go through and will get them for cheap, but in the mean time, it will be expensive and there's crap all we can do about.
    Nintendo confirmed that the web browser, 3D movie capability and download shop will not be available at launch. They said they will come as a download shortly after launch.

Its been confirmed (link is on a page or two behind) that Browser and Eshop will be out on launch day for people who want to go online right away for them to download the lasted version, so they are working on it and making it better each day up to launch (i hope).

EDIT: Sorry here is the post, near the top of this page duh lol
    CDH wrote: »

Why, can someone tell me why Nintendo hate Europe? Do they hate the US as well? I dont think so, they are a company who want to make money so why would they hate everyone except their own region? bha ha!

The love America. They're selling it at less than they're selling it in Japan there, by 50 dollars.
    They're making that money up over here though.
    I think it's simply down to the fact Reggie doesn't sit back looking all Japanese and taking whatever he can from NoJ, whereas our president is Japanese and doesn't seem to care about the region at all.

They're not installed, but an update on Launch Day will install them.

The love America. They're selling it at less than they're selling it in Japan there, by 50 dollars.
    They're making that money up over here though.
    I think it's simply down to the fact Reggie doesn't sit back looking all Japanese and taking whatever he can from NoJ, whereas our president is Japanese and doesn't seem to care about the region at all.

They're not installed, but an update on Launch Day will install them.

Yeah thats what i ment about the update, I wasnt clear at all, on launch day, so they can keep working on it until launch day for release so we can update/D/load it ourselves.

I cant help but wonder if that was any other job in the world that a person who is the President of a big company like NoE, how they would be fired if they were not looking after sales in there region, I guess he's going to be fired, unless hes a TD or something haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

The love America

yet theyre still every bit as horrible to deal with over this side of the pond as back in europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just pre booked Rayman 3D on sendit for 25 euros some deal or what

Helix wrote: »
    yet theyre still every bit as horrible to deal with over this side of the pond as back in europe

what do you mean?

what do you mean?

They are complete whores to the press and won't deal with you at all, even big websites and publications have trouble with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone know any good online games which will be available from day 1? Or at least a game that will keep me going for a while till the good games come out?

Advertisement