Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ninty 3DS hype? Where is it boards...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Street Fighter 4 is out close to launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They are complete whores to the press and won't deal with you at all, even big websites and publications have trouble with them.

ive yet to speak to a single journo on either side of the atlantic who doesnt absolutely despise nintendo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Its been confirmed (link is on a page or two behind) that Browser and Eshop will be out on launch day for people who want to go online right away for them to download the lasted version, so they are working on it and making it better each day up to launch (i hope).

EDIT: Sorry here is the post, near the top of this page duh lol

I missed that news.

That makes it more of an interesting proposition to buy at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Anyone know any good online games which will be available from day 1? Or at least a game that will keep me going for a while till the good games come out?

The only game out near the launch date is Street Fighter 4 3D with online capabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Nollog

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They are complete whores to the press and won't deal with you at all, even big websites and publications have trouble with them.

"Nintendo do not comment on rumour and speculation" :p
    But no, I really just meant Nintendo's President in the US gets much better support from NoJ than our region does, and their consumers get a better deal in light of that.
    It still works like "What NoJ says, goes." but reggie has some magic influence, more so than NoE.

* Asphalt 3D
    * Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog & New Friends
    * Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever & New Friends
    * Nintendogs + Cats: Toy Poodle & New Friends
    * Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
    * Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D
    * Rayman 3D
    * Super Monkey Ball 3D
    * Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
    * Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Shadow Wars
    * Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell 3D
    These are the UK launch games according to GAME.

I pre-ordered from asda today, got the equivalent of ssf4 free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Rayman is not due till 1/04/11... Thats on the site anyways... SSF IV does not appeal to me what so ever.. I hated Street Fighter 4... But Rayman may be decent or Rabbids... They seem like the only games I actually may play... Possibly even Asphalt?.. I wish Fifa 3D was a launch titles because PES sucks..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I've been looking online and the ASDA and Amazon seem to be offering it at £202 but also both list Prof. Layton and The Mask of Miracle are we getting this on the 3DS before Specter's Flute on the DS? :confused:

OK so I haven't actually started Lost Future but just seems bizarre that we'll get Mask in the same year as the Japanese while Specter's Flute from 2009 is still on hold (I guess it is to do with development for the English version of Mask was done at the same time as the Japanese but still).

Anywho not 100% sold on getting the 3DS at launch, the region locking is a factor as I'm in the US every now and then and would be good to either pick up cheap games or even get it there when I'm next over but if it causes hassle buying games here ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Now that the games available are becomign clearer I won't be really in the market for this until after the summer when the library expands a bit. I reckon that importing from the US will still be the best option though.

Of course by the time I wake up tomorrow there should be confirmation of the worst kept secret since the PS3 Slim, the PSP2. Can't see that switching me off the 3DS, when it comes to handheld gaming its hard to see past Nintendo for me.

Irish Halo wrote: »
    I've been looking online and the ASDA and Amazon seem to be offering it at £202 but also both list Prof. Layton and The Mask of Miracle are we getting this on the 3DS before Specter's Flute on the DS? :confused:
    No.
    Retailers, like the rest of us don't have much details of release dates. It's a bit of a shambles.
    The only release dates known are the "launch window" and 2 Nintendo games (zelda and ikarus) were drawn back from even that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That's a sorry launch line-up for a new console. They don't even have Pilotwings there, leaving Nintendogs as the only game Nintendo are going to launch with their own new console.

I pre-ordered it in GAME but I think I'll be cancelling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I expected to be getting one of these at launch but the ridiculous over-pricing combined with a complete lack of good games has put me off. It'll need a price drop and/or Paper Mario before I consider it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Price is ridiculous.

There are no original game concepts like the DS had at launch.. just sequels.

I can get an Ipod touch for half the price with a library of brilliant, innovative titles mostly available for 99cent a pop.

Can probably think of more reasons if I tried but those are enough to kill it for 99% of people. I predict Nintendo's first flop in years. Only clueless parents with two much money will buy this for their kids, and Nintendo fanboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Only clueless parents with two much money will buy this for their kids, and Nintendo fanboys.

I think there'll be enough people in those two categories to guarantee it's not a flop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

I know it doesn't have online but my first purchase is deffo going to be PES.
    I just think it's the type of game that will suit the 3d best.
    pro-evolution-soccer-2011-20110121062349682-000.jpg

....and I love soccer! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That looks cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

smokingman wrote: »
    I know it doesn't have online but my first purchase is deffo going to be PES.
    I just think it's the type of game that will suit the 3d best.
    pro-evolution-soccer-2011-20110121062349682-000.jpg

....and I love soccer! :)
    PES is awful compared to Fifa IMO... Wish Fifa was out for it on launch... Why is PES not online though?... If it was I may have went and got it but not a hope if it aint online then it wont keep me going..

Anyone know any good launch titles that support online? Apart from SSF IV as I do not like it..

Price is ridiculous.

There are no original game concepts like the DS had at launch.. just sequels.

I can get an Ipod touch for half the price with a library of brilliant, innovative titles mostly available for 99cent a pop.

Can probably think of more reasons if I tried but those are enough to kill it for 99% of people. I predict Nintendo's first flop in years. Only clueless parents with two much money will buy this for their kids, and Nintendo fanboys.

Everyone has their own opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ah here. iPod games won't be anything near as good as the ones released for this.

Casual gamers :rolleyes:

:D

I just saw a listing for a 3DS Assassins Creed game. I hadn't heard of that at all. I wonder how it will compare to the PS3/ 360 versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Put a deposit down for one yesterday :D

Getting a black one...the two-tone would probaly end up annoying me....nothing'll ever beat the purple gamecube though! :pac:

• Advertisement

I just saw a listing for a 3DS Assassins Creed game. I hadn't heard of that at all. I wonder how it will compare to the PS3/ 360 versions.

All we got was that activision were making one for the 3ds at e3.
    Nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Not a great launch lineup, which is odd for Nintendo. I'm gonna hold off until a must-have title is released.

Here's the official launch line up for the UK, I suppose we'll get the same. source
    Here's a thing that is weird: Nintendo has announced the software lineup set to drop day-and-date with the UK launch of the 3DS -- and it blows the handheld's Japanese launch titles right out of the water. There are 15 games due out on March 25, including four first-party offerings: Pilotwings Resort (which isn't listed on the Japanese launch roster) and three different Nintendogs and Cats games.

Ubisoft's also making a strong showing on the launch lineup, providing Splinter Cell 3D, Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars and Rayman 3D on day one. Check out the full list after the jump, and keep your fingers crossed for an equally attractive North American launch list. Heck, you could even wish for a more attractive list, if you're feeling particularly optimistic.
    • Pilotwings Resort
    • Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever
    • Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog
    • Nintendogs + Cats: Toy Poodle
    • Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
    • The Sims 3
    • PES 2011 3D
    • LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
    • Ridge Racer 3D
    • Super Monkey Ball 3D
    • Samurai Warriors: Chronicles
    • Asphalt 3D
    • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
    • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D
    • Rayman 3D

pdbhp wrote: »
    Here's the official launch line up for the UK, I suppose we'll get the same. source

I wonder if the author of that piece about the 3DS line-up was being sarcastic? Could we wish for a more attractive line-up? I certainly think so.

No Mario Kart, or Zelda or Paper Mario. The only one that might interest me is PES.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Nothing on that list, apart from SSF4 3D, and maybe PES 2011, interests me. Even then, I can play these at home on consoles with far better graphics, 3D or not. I'm sure a Zelda or Mario game will release later in the year ahead and I may buy one then.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Nothing on that list, apart from SSF4 3D, and maybe PES 2011, interests me. Even then, I can play these at home on consoles with far better graphics, 3D or not. I'm sure a Zelda or Mario game will release later in the year ahead and I may buy one then.

It's pretty bleak alright with the exception of SSF4 and maybe Monkey Ball, they'd better get the finger out and start bombarding us with games of a high quality

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I got it preordered, but i think its mistake... I cant see a single game that would interst me.... Do ds games will work on this yoke?

I got it preordered, but i think its mistake... I cant see a single game that would interst me.... Do ds games will work on this yoke?

Yes your DS games will work on the new 3DS, don't worry too much about the launch line up though as great games are sure to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Yes your DS games will work on the new 3DS, don't worry too much about the launch line up though as great games are sure to follow

i dont have ds at all, was thinking buying a few older bargains from ds line up untill some proper 3ds games come out... as seriuosly.... there is nothing that is remotly interesting....

kind of even thinking of canceling preordering or just dont buy it anymore, and thne wait for that psp yoke...

the only reason i even preordered it, as i got 100 quid voucher for gamestop...

• Advertisement

I'd be interested in:
    Pilotwings Resort
    Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever
    Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
    Super Monkey Ball 3D
    Samurai Warriors: Chronicles

If the prices weren't so high on the games.
    I'll probably get pilotwings at launch, and street fighter later.
    I've pre-ordered layton3d and starfox3d so I'll patiently await those titles.

I hear monkeyball is as bad as the wii's version.

Advertisement